Vegemite _ BANNED in the USA

Quote:
Originally posted by Creek Boy:
its better than Natto thats for sure.

Think all gaijin comin to Japan should be made to eat a cup of natto before entering the country - otherwise they might be terrorist :rolleyes: ;\)

If I had to eat Mcshits on returnin home to the states Id give up my passport thumbsdown.gif ;\)
I find it odd that Japanese do not like vegemite. It isn't sweet and a basic heavy paste derivation from a natural process with high vitamin content.

Who knows, I don't really care, its just a spread that fills a gapping lack of anything else besides tomato sauce and party pies.

I have seen Australian customs and immigration officers in action in the baggage collection areas of Australian international airports. They are ignorant, rude and aggressive and I suspect that had they requested all arrivals to shove a spoon full of vegemite up their noses, it would have been a more palatable experience and test of good intent.

>>It isn't sweet and a basic heavy paste derivation from a natural process.

Sounds like yellow cake, something Uranstralia is about to have a lot of. Good thing that farming ignorance has turned the entire country into a desert, leaving very little alternate use for the land than to bury the worlds nuclear waste. Perhaps all the arrivals failing the vegemite immigration test could live out there, keeping them out of the white vegemite loving coastal towns.

My Japanese girlfriend is studying for 6 months at a French university, on exchange from an Italian university. To be offered a place she had to take French lessons, no questions asked. The French teacher uses the process of making cheese and wine along with classification and appreciation of cheese and wine as the basis for the language and culture lessons. I spend each weekend in Paris and we have been able to enjoy the city more than ever thanks to the language and cultural education. If done correctly then everyone benefits.
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You troll for it constantly. Stay in your little town if you can't handle people speaking openly about things that don't meet your own views. Like it or not, I have an Australian passport and any non-Australian that marries me gets a visa as well (but I also get one of theirs, and I have hereditary right to a UK passport with freedom in 12 or so EU nations). My Australian passport is an alternative for sometime in the future. Its my right to have one, but I don't have to adore the country and its faults nor worship its shit beer to keep it.

Does your wife know you argue with internet strangers on a Japanese forum when you should be off earning some bread and butter for your family?

Here's a brilliant bit of small town nationalistic Aussie. Not a smart attempt at a joke on a Japanese forum which is patronised by educated open minded people from at least 15 different nations. Thankfully, many of us don't actually think like this, which is why we successfully live, work and marry outside of our home country.

Aussie Aussie Aussie, oi, oi, oi.

Quote:
I'd go one step further Indo . It should apply to tourists as well. I'd have some Vegemite on toast samples on the Immigration counter at arrivals. The immigration officer should then decide wheather to grant entry based on their reaction to the taste test!

I mean who wants a wierdo that doesn't like Vegemite wondering around willy nilly in your country. They would be worse than a terrorist !

You've done it again Spud..Turned a light hearted thread about vegemite into a Aussie bashing exercise. Jeez man... read what you write. Once again, your attacking, and I'm defending.

I hope this form of therapy helps you. Why don't you just start a thread called 'What I hate about Aussies' and get it out of your system?

And what was that dribble about Australia being a Uranium country?

In the same breath you've bagged Australia about it's Uranium policies ( which we haven't even started debating yet, let alone acting on ) And sung the praises of the French!

The french have carried out over 160 Nuclear tests since the 60's In the South Pacific. The consecqences of which will still don't know. They sent goverment sanctioned murders down to NZ in 1985 to blow up a boat belonging to people that disagreed with their ideals.

And you think they are a culture to aspire to because they have good wine and cheese!

And in answer to you nasty question. Yes my wife knows exactly what I do. She even helps me with the spelling. Oh...and we have plenty of bread already thanks.

Stay in your little town if you can't handle people speaking openly about things that don't meet your own views. lol.gif

Are you speaking again on behalf of the whole forum or just you?

Don't you just hate it when people climb back out of the pigeon holes you stuff them into?

So unless you something funny to say about vegemite I'm not interested.

i think we should get old spud head and rub vegimite all over him while making him watch crocodile dundee while being brainwashed why Niseko is the no1 resort, hahahah

Love your work spud!!

Chop - don't forget the VB. And making me watch cricket and footy would be harder for me than Dundee. ;\)

Mantas - No, you are too blinkered to understand much of what goes on. Go and read what I wrote, my first post in this thread. After that post I responded to the baiting about Australian border policies being a function of vegemite appreciation, and in my usual form I did it by raising some realities that I had experienced. The rest is you getting exactly what you want: you don't talk about Japan and nor about snowboarding. You come here to aggravate something inside you. And when you don't get it, you prod for it.

The uranium thing was just a tangent as vegemite reminded me of yellow cake.

I didn't sing the praise of the French, but in many respects I could as I feel quite at home in France. But that is besides the point. I said that enlightening foreigners to simple things like food and drink in the context of language education can open up the country and the people to visitors. All I alluded to was that one language teacher at one university in one nationalistic nation has managed to doing a good job of it. I have no idea about the rest.

>>And you think they are a culture to aspire to because they have good wine and cheese!

Oh dear.

alright boys! Time out! Time to take this over to the grumper thread where you can periodically pop up and snipe at each other! ;\) This discussion was about vegemite! So, does anyone else like vegemite on weetbix? (of course no milk) It's kinda dry, and you need to drink a lot of water with it, but it's a good snack thumbsup.gif I used to have a couple after school before going for a surf.

This vegemite thread is becoming explosive.

I hear they found some nose hair in the stuff, that's why they banned it.

Quote:
The french have carried out over 160 Nuclear tests since the 60's In the South Pacific. The consecqences of which will still don't know. They sent goverment sanctioned murders down to NZ in 1985 to blow up a boat belonging to people that disagreed with their ideals.

And you think they are a culture to aspire to because they have good wine and cheese!

No generalizing comments about another culture made here, that's refreshing !

I just had vegemite on vita-wheats....they were really good. I'm going to have some sweet dreams tonight.

In terms of colour and consistency vegemite would have to be the exact opposite to powder snow i reckon... But remember, opposites attract. Based on this theory, eating vegemite will result in powder snow, and more importantly, me absolutely shredding fresh, perfect powder lines in hakuba this february. Ahhhh, now back to those sweet dreams.

Spud seems to be 'pro-vegemite' bushpig so in my opinion that should redeem him for any aussie bashing that has occurred in the past.

Ooooohhhh....i'm a happy little vegemite as bright as bright can be, I have to go to bed now to rise for work at five thirty.... and so on!

Thank you snosurf, I appreciate the slack you cut me.

But what is this new term? The only people ever bashed, and the only official labelling thereof, has been American-bashing. WTF is Aussie Bashing? Its a sad day when Australians start whimpering like that. lol.gif

Vegemite is good stuff for me, but only on fresh bread/toast and with butter. In fact, a winter session at the kotatsu with toaster, bread, vegemite an butter just could be the Australian nabe, of sorts.

Quote:
Originally posted by db le spud:
But what is this new term? The only people ever bashed, and the only official labelling thereof, has been American-bashing. WTF is Aussie Bashing? Its a sad day when Australians start whimpering like that. lol.gif
If you had been here in the 90s, you would have been all too familiar with what the natives called 'Ja Pan bassingu' which was a very bad, mean thing everybody else did.

Not happy about Japanese eating whales?
'Ja Pan bassingu!'
Seen Die Hard?
'Ja Pan bassingu!' (Yes, really, that was 'Ja Pan bassingu' too.)
Running a trade deficit?
'Stoppu za Ja Pan bassingu you razy fornazu!'

You're right to try to resist it. Whimpering is exactly the right word for it.

Having taken up the cudgels against Vegemite in favour of Marmite with almost the same psychotic vehemence with which I ran down skiing in favour of snowboarding, I came to realize that Vegemite is also very good tucker indeed. Skiing is still for poofs though.

snosurf, I think you mistook me for mantas. I haven't really gotten on spud for anything he says anti-Aus. I agree with a lot of it, just not to the extremes he does. I do, however, give him a ribbing on silly, irrelevant things. Veg on weetbix is dynamite eh!

Quote:

You mean you don't know ? Go back and look at you posts. You go out of your way to put the boot into Australia on loads of unrelated threads. And don't tell me I bait you, I'm not even involved in half of them.
Talking the piss I can handle. but you should know the difference.
So why did you need to explain to me again about the diverse people on this forum? Do you think I'm too stupid to know what the WWW on the browser stands for?
You talk as if you stand shoulder to shoulder with the 4175 members of the forum. Please don't assume you are talking on behalf of everybody. This is about YOU and ME. And that's it!!

You've made your choice in life and I respect that, now you need to respect mine. It must be nice to have no country, no loyalties, and no accountability.By your own admission you said you didn't fit in and were "wondering around the world looking for somewhere to fit in."
Don't you think it might have something more to do with yourself rather than the other countless millions of people?
Every time you start weilding your clumbsy 'Aussie bashing club around'(and that's all it is) you can expect to see my avitar pop up in defense. And that's all I'm doing here, defending.

Apoliges to all French people. I used a bad example .
 Quote:

Mantas - No, you are too blinkered to understand much of what goes on. Go and read what I wrote, my first post in this thread. After that post I responded to the baiting about Australian border policies being a function of vegemite appreciation
Spud- Only you would see it as baiting. I actually hoped you wouldn't even look at this thred.

> I actually hoped you wouldn't even look at this thred.

Yeah, that's the trouble with nationalism you see. It turns otherwise intelligent, witty people into kneejerk morons who tremble at the thought that a particular thread on a bulletin board might also include some negative opinion about their country that they will have to counter by being rude about some other country.

> This is about YOU and ME. And that's it!!

No it's not. Seeing you pop up to 'defend' your stupid country against harmless comment all the time gets annoying.

If you don't stop it, I'll start spreading rumours that Vegemite actually contains wombat shit, that's why it was banned.