Vegemite _ BANNED in the USA

yep hard to believe but its true, its the spread that divides us, some love it some hate it with a passion and now it has been declared illegal and banned in the US of A. Seems that it contains folate which is apparently allowed in breads and cereals only - not food spreads.

I am pleased to see the FDA is working on eliminating the truly dangerous products on the market.

American people can live free, chomping McDonalds burgers, smoking cigarettes and blowing eachother away with handguns knowing that the evil dark brown goo has gone..... rolleyes.gif

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I ran out today and was saved. A mate gave me another jar! You know, Jhonny Howards going to put a taste test in the new immigration test so if you don't ike it then ya fail, piss off and go back home!

Quote:
Originally posted by Motherhucker:
 Quote:
Originally posted by rach:
It should be banned from the world.
As should marmite and other evil "food".
Well said.
absolutely.
Finally a good reason to visit the US. The vegemite free country ;\)

vegemite is great on toast....you naysayers are obviously spreading it on too thick. Keep it nice and thin and it's a gastronomical delight.

Another reason to hate George Bush. I demand Australia severs all ties with the U.S.Gay immediately.

Quote:
Originally posted by snosurf:
vegemite is great on toast....you naysayers are obviously spreading it on too thick. Keep it nice and thin and it's a gastronomical delight.
Exactly. People bang it on like jam and then wonder why they had such a disgusting experience.

1. Hot toast
2. melting butter (not margarine)
3. little smears of vegemite, like poo skid marks, no more.

That's one of the nicest snacks you can have.

I was once on a dive boat cruising around the coral sea for a week. The crew were hardcase and whenever we did something stupid or made a mistake they took note and at the end they had a tradition of a 'fine session' - for the jocks among you know that it usually entails drinking alcohol as a fine for your misdemenours but this fine session involved eating vegemite - by the spoon load!

Me being me for those who know me would know I got fine heavily! but no worries I love the stuff I gulped it without much trouble at all....the rest...werent so good. Four French were complete sooks just taking a lick or spitting it out, one of them flatly refused to even try (she was an arrogant unfriendly cow the whole trip too IIRC)

An American guy did it with difficulty, the five English who should have had experience with Marmite struggled badly, my ex - an American living in NZ at the time who had tried it and absolutely hated the stuff but didnt want to pansy out like the French chick was brave and took a huge spoon load but couldnt hold it.

The crew were laughing their asses off at the faces being pulled...I was too

Vege on toast with mashed avocado.

I've converted many sceptics with that.

It's like strong miso, I wasn't into it at all but gradually over time I liked it more and more going from the light colors to the dark nagoya reds.

Fed Vegemite on toast to our hostess in Nozawa, and she nearly threw up! She thought is was going to taste like chocolate, but the culture shock was nearly too much for her tastebuds.

Rather like one's first taste of Natto... but now I'm hooked \:D

Quote:
Originally posted by Indosnm:
Jhonny Howards going to put a taste test in the new immigration test so if you don't ike it then ya fail, piss off and go back home!
I'd go one step further Indo . It should apply to tourists as well. I'd have some Vegemite on toast samples on the Immigration counter at arrivals. The immigration officer should then decide wheather to grant entry based on their reaction to the taste test!

I mean who wants a wierdo that doesn't like Vegemite wondering around willy nilly in your country. They would be worse than a terrorist !

I didn't grow up with Vegemite and always found it rather atrocious until one night when a friend cracked some open while playing poker and drinking whiskey. It hit the spot. Vegemite and Johnny Walker. I've liked it ever since.

its better than Natto thats for sure.

Think all gaijin comin to Japan should be made to eat a cup of natto before entering the country - otherwise they might be terrorist :rolleyes: ;\)

If I had to eat Mcshits on returnin home to the states Id give up my passport thumbsdown.gif ;\)

Quote:
Originally posted by db le spud:
 Quote:
Originally posted by snosurf:
Exactly. People bang it on like jam and then wonder why they had such a disgusting experience.

1. Hot toast
2. melting butter (not margarine)
3. little smears of vegemite, like poo skid marks, no more.

That's one of the nicest snacks you can have.
While I don't recommend it, I in fact do bang it on like jam! Love it about 1cm thick!