C'mon spud:

Lame is the "...oh what a terrible position to be in..." type post. Either you love your wife enough or you don't.

Cane obviously doesn't and wants to find a way out ( I love my wife ... but she's the sort of person who would get a divorce quickly and never look back...).

I'm merely pointing him in the right direction by giving him a biological reason for doing what he obviously wants to do.

Which part of the post offends you?

1. Marriage is a institution foisted on us by the church

2. Men are biologically not meant to be monogamous

3. Men are naturally drawn to women they think will produce good off spring

4. Men think with their Penis.

I may be wrong, but I don't think I've ever said too much about my wife having food on the table. Maybe a word or two about her shopping habits.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just going to recycle a few things that other people have said here. I don't know if this will help.

Quote:
Mate,

Men are biologically not meant to be monogamous.

It seems to me you've run into a situation where subconsicously you think your offspring would be better off popping out of another womb, with different DNA.

Throw off society's shackles and follow the part of you that sticks out in front. It'll lead you in the right direction.

Quote:
So, what’s the plan, divorce your wife and get married to your coworker?

And if sometime in the future you fall in love with a new coworker, you are going to divorce your coworker and get married to your new coworker?

And if sometime in the future…

And if…

And if…

And if…

Quote:
a fickle bastard who doesn't know what's good for him
I don't know if my point is clear but judging from your last two posts Cane, it seems like maybe you've got it. Life is tough sometimes. Maybe you should become a 'frustrated artist' or a marathon runner or something...

>when our Hawaii beachside condo gets completed

oh wow, really. :rolleyes:

What a worthwhile time killer until 2007, selling little guitars to tasteless tourists in an American style shopping mall in Guam. Beats dressing up as a Catholic priest 10 times a week.

Do you have a problem DB? I just need half a year to find a manager to sell my ukuleles. They aren't guitars idiot. And what makes tourists tasteless? Would I be better off calling myeself an investment banker and making the 10,000 post club? If you'd like to see my condo its at 909 Kapiolani.com.

Hey CB, yah, Ala Moana Beach/mall, Point Panic, etc are all within walking distance. Downtown isn't too far either. If you are ever in town after Nov. '07 pm me. we've got an extra bedroom. And dB, if you ever decide to surf some decent waves, I could point you to a decent hotel! ;\)

It's a 5 minute walk to sweet summer waves. Thank you for your concerne. But trust me, what we see out of our 14th story balcony is the Pacific Ocean. It's nice. No Ka Oi ne!

Kintaro – I’m not interested in your condo, but it appears you want everyone else to be… feeling a bit lacking of late? I honestly didn’t even click the link. Anyway, tourists that go to island holiday resorts like Guam and shop in American style malls with cinemas are, be definition, tasteless and unimaginative as hell (by the sounds of things, just your type mini-guitar buying punters). And Guam is a titty bar gun shop haven by all accounts. “Go figure”. As for your dig about surfing decent waves… I really doubt you could surf them yourself. I’ll surf what pleases me. You are mostly hot air. You can tell immediately who the real surfers are around here: Spook, NPM etc, Indo is clearly a surfer of real waves and Mantas was also obviously the same, big time, and I used to be one myself. After 4 years on this forum, I can say with speculative confidence that you are not one; you have not once spoken like a real surfer. Having said that, what waves someone surfs and how they portray themselves shouldn’t count for anything, but you are the one who keeps mentioning it as a put-down, so I am now throwing it back at you as BS.

Misorano – In my haste I did misquote you, it was shopping frequency, not ‘food on table’, sorry for that. The part of the thread I found unethical was the proposition that “Men are biologically not meant to be monogamous”. Sure, we are biologically attracted to the female form, but you imply that we are fighting to stop ourselves humping everything we see like a dog does. It implies that, biologically, women just want to be humped and are fair meat unless owned by another man. We are humans, not animals. Unlike animals, my wife is my best friend, period. I would never treat her (if I had one) in the way you justify with biological helplessness. It reeks of unethical justification and if that type of attitude exists in family then it no doubt exists in business and community. How do you treat your clients and business associates? Is it with the same type of lack of ethics justified by biology? You know I once requested a transfer from my desk because the married desk head was screwing girls in the office. I told my ultimate boss (his direct boss) that if he was so unethical in his home how could I trust his abilities as an ethical business leader in such an environment of financial temptation? I got the transfer and 12 months later he got sacked.

We sould probably think twice before we "Throw off society's shackles and follow the part... that sticks out in front." However, we've all heard Misorano's sentiment before and it's a good one. I don't live that way but it eases any guilt that I might feel when dealing with temptation. Maybe it's just nature. How about you, Misorano? You're not actually the total slut that Spud makes you out to be are you?!

Hey, I didn't make Misorano out to be a dog on heat slut, he did that himself ;\)

I don't buy into the 'biology makes me do it' argument, it is gutless and harmfull. And it comes from the line of thought as this guys much more extreme opinion:

Quote:
"If you take uncovered meat and put it on the street ... without a cover and the cats eat it, is it the fault of the cat or the uncovered meat?" he said in the sermon to 500 people last month at Lakemba mosque. "The uncovered meat is the problem. If the meat was covered, the cats wouldn't roam around it. If the meat is inside the fridge, they won't get it ... if the woman is in her boudoir, in her house and if she's wearing the veil and if she shows modesty, disasters don't happen."

"A victim of rape every minute somewhere in the world," Sheik Feiz Mohammad told 1000 people at Bankstown Town Hall last year. "Why? No one to blame but herself. She displayed her beauty to the entire world ... strapless, backless, sleeveless, nothing but satanic skirts, slit skirts, translucent blouses."

Thats the head of the Australian Muslim community speaking his mind in a sermon last year.

My wife just got home and said "mata snow Japan. They probably think you're a big loser!" I said, "No way man--There are a bunch of people who post about the same amount as me. There's one guy who just hangs out on SJ all day." So she says "I'm sure one of them is the next serial killer." I wonder who it will be?