Now, this is a topic that deserves its own space.

I have been harassing my Dad about his nose hair for years now. My grandfather also had wicked nose hair before he left this world for a better one ... And, who has to be next? ME!!! I dont know if my nostrils have caught up and have finally reached puberty but all I know is that I am worried. Big time. Some are blonde, most are brown. Many resemble dental floss in thickness. Not only are they very unattractive but they seem to attract more and more boogers every day.

What has brought this on?! Am I destined for early "oyajiness" or is there still hope!?

Anyone out there ... PLEASE HEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me say that pulling out a deeply root nasal folicle with tweezers REALLY MAKES YOUR EYES WATER.

(Its not grooming that made me yank the odd one out, it was annoyance, they twitch and tickle and wave at people with every exhale of breath from the nose)

I'm guessing Goemon has a good picture for this one.

> Some are blonde, most are brown

= Badger hair

> they twitch and tickle and wave at people with every exhale of breath from the nose

I know roughly where the main offenders grow now, and in one smooth, abrupt movement, I can shove my thumb and forefinger right into my nostril, grab, and rip out the badger hair with a close to 100% success rate. If it's done while talking to somebody, rather than guessing the truth, they generally assume I've made some sort of highly emphatic but incomprehensible traditional Sicillian gesture.

Know how ya feel dude!

db, i tried the tweezers but was way too painful. i got meself a pair of scissors designed for cutting nose hairs. they don`t have a pointy end so theres no way ya can cut tha inside of ya snout! sure, the hairs gro back, but not any thicker or longer than before. for tha really stubborn ones, i also employ the yanking method, but leave that for private times.

if tha build up of snot is gettin ya down, maybe you should think about gettin yaself a `booger towel` ;\) (sorry, couldn`t resist) good thread btw

read somewhere that plucking nasal hairs is a risky for some medical reason, though once in an Izakaya one of my friends for some reason or other reached up his nasal passage, grabbed a clumped and yanked, perhaps he was trying to prove his manliness who knows, it made my eyes water at the time though. 100msddsc03343dsc03343jb8.jpg

I find placing a finger or thumb pad side out and pulling the hairs downwards and then trimming them with a small pair of sharp scissors work well.

I bought a nose hair trimmer once but that just caused ingrown hairs which resulted in pimples inside the nose which just sucks.

eek.gif yep, ingrown hair-pimples in the nose are bloody awful! My mate tried one of those automatic nose hair pluckers and said that it left your nose so clean of hairs that for some reason your boogers get really bad until the hair grows back.
 Quote:
Originally posted by ger:
I'm OK with respect to the latter two but I've been growing my hair long since last winter perhaps as a LAST STAND before it falls out (as well as a silent protest against 'THE MAN'!)
Oh dear, I did that; a last stand and a protest to the man. End result:

1. the long hair fell out faster. oops.
2. the man now disapproves of my shaved head.

Stupid fact:

Abundant nose hair is only half genetic. If you live in a place with low air quality (smoke, dust, mildew, mold, smog, etc) your nose tries to compensate by making a jungle of air-purifying tentacles.

Some of those are easier to fix than others, but give cleaning the air a try.

oh man... how old are all you guys? i'm guessing the average age on here is about mid 30s. i'm 26 and i shudder to think that soon i will have a forest growing out of my nose.

what about ear hair - anybody dealing with that? and how soon till your ears start growing really massive like you see on old blokes

Quote:
Originally posted by Creek Boy:
same with my eyebrows - I give em a shaving/trimming, cant stand looking at a unibrow
then stop spending so much time in front of the mirror ya narcissist!
eyebrowqa1.gif