Do we have any "Emo culture" people here? What the hell is it? I have just read a music magazine interview and they kept on going on about it. Wikipedia says the article about it is "disputed". I'm confused.

You miss so much when you're away a long time.

emo culture = geeks who resent the fact that they were geeks in highschool, pick up a guitar, bass, or slim drum set, play a few heavy melodic chords with a bunch of other sad, bitter geeks, and go to thrift stores to buy dirty, used, ironic clothing in an attempt to suplant what is "cool" and maybe get a girl or two in the mean time.

I saw an ugly emo girl today, she was wearing those black and purple striped stockings that Japanese emo girls seem to all wear. At least I think that's the emo look. Isn't emo the name of a Seasame Street character too?

Emo music is worse than rap. But not as bad as country. However, Cowboys and Gangsters are both more fun to hang out with than Emo people.

Quote:
I don't hate highschool geeks like American's do
On the contrary spudo. Look at America's infatuation with movies such as 'Revenge of the Nerds I/II/III', characters such as Flounder and Pinto from 'Animal House', the lovable nerds from 'Old School', the TV show 'Freaks and Geeks', The Shermanator from 'American Pie', Jerry Lewis - wait, that's the French. You get the drift. Americans better start embracing geeks even more in the future, however. A lot of them seem to be shooting up schools lately.

PS - I was a straight-A geek in high school myself. I just also played sports year-round. I was a jeek - or gock - something like that.

Here's one Emo definition:

idiotic.gif

Nice one Plucky, you cracked me up. lol.gif

I see these emo arsehats all the time, just didn't know it was them. The girls can be cute, but that's because I like dark introspective looking chicks. The guys look insipid. Their attitude looks over the top resentful. Musical ideology prevent people from doing other fun stuff in life. I used to get scorn and derision from dark haired skinny black jean music crew (Ladytron types) because I liked mountains! Serious, everything was fine until I mentioned dirt, snow, surf, mountains, mud, energetic strain.... talk about a conversation killer. I struggle with people who can't be more than one 'type' of person.

I met and saw heaps of emo types at a Mars Volta concert.

what on earth is with all these categorisations? i mean, obviously emo is a real thing, but it looks pretty much the same as indie to me....

hah! you've gotta love it when everyone's standing around at a gig trying to outcool each other. happy guy who's actually into something outside the scene isn't welcome.

• 2 weeks later...