Had a few waves over the weekend. The point wasn't really working & when size increased winds weren't good. Headed to Byron to let my little one have a surf and I got a few gems. Almost had my head taken off by a longboarder but that's Byron for you!

Some good pics

http://www.coastalwatch.com/news/article.aspx?articleId=8458&display=0&cateId=3&

Panhead, What/who is your friend training?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Mantas
How's the young fella going Indo?
I've created a monster here. All he wants to to is surf. He's confidence is a bit higher than his ability at the moment.

He's going well. He can pump and goes for the pit! Likes to have at least 1 surf a day!
Is begging me for a real board. I'm trying to keep him on the PU board as long as possible but I think it won't be long..

Little mantas started on a 5'10". He's now on a 5'8". Most of the groms he surfs with are a bit older and ride a 5'3". The 5'10" was too hard for him to duckdive. I still push him in while sitting on my board sometimes (quite an art actually).

I told him I'd get him a custom when he can surf 100% by himself.

Cool. My little fella is on a 5'6 kid fish. I can get boards from the local shapers after the Jnr riders are done with them. Will try before we buy but like you am dangling that carrot before the custom comes along!

More importantly, I need a new board for myself if we are going to get all these swells.

• 5 months later...

Finally got some proper swell rolling through right now. Some serious waves out there today. I was able to surf a place on the peninsula that only goes off 5-6 times a year. Beautiful point break and reef a few hundred meters away. Definitely the best wave in Izu. We got consistent 6-8 footers with some really big sets punching through (maybe 10+ foot). Spent 6 hours in the water and am shattered now (also sunburnt!). Very happy that the typhoon swells have started so early after such a pathetic year last year!