Awesome Pete. thumbsup 3 months in Bali.

Where abouts in Java were you? Did you surf while you were there.

Did you also know that Spook ( S-J boy) is now working in a surf camp in the mentawias? He's from Perth too.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly no waves in Java, the client nor my employer thought it was an acceptable risk, even though tearing up 10kms of coast was :( Oh well no great loss.

Didnt know spook was in the Mentawais, what a life that would be although the place is getting pretty crowded these days, still better then most places smile Wonder if he is at Kandui??? We didnt surf too many of the "name" breaks although did surf Lances Right and Maccas, fortunaetly not too big smile

ouch. was that your board ?

There was top waves today at merewether.

some guy broke his board there too..

I got lots of fully sik shots..

here is a little taste..

IMG_2190.jpg

Yep, it was my board. The same wave cleaned up my bro as well. I bailed and chucked my board, I heard it snap under water. My bro decided to duck-dive it and he busted his elbow.

recognize any of those spots Koko?

Sorry about the board, mantas... :(

no, i dont recognise the spot at all.. if it is around your place, i dont know that area at all..

wind is blowing ten gales today... yucky..

Not too worried about the board. I've had it about 4 years now, so time for a new one. As Indo said, better to have a snapped board than a snapped bone, eh Koko?

You need to get out of town more Koko. Those waves are just 30 mins south of you. My mate that lives at Merewether said he has had the best surf out there in 10 years.

Good luck Indo, some pics would be nice. smile

oh yeah, i know now. that place is an out of body experience wink

when we were grommets we used to camp in the bush there for the holidays..

too far to walk for me but..

Yeah, we did the same. We had to walk in all the way from Catho, about 35 mins each way. Well worth it though. Only the 3 of us out for hours.

I think the place is better without the vehicle access it once had.

We usually get consistant swells here between 3-6 foot but they often lack quality.

It's been a good year for waves so far. I mostly surf only when it's good these days and I've been doing a lot of surfing lately.

biggrin

Some images of a classic June east coast swell

570_afr_2008627114325.jpg

570_big2_2008627114144.jpg

570_IMG_8338_2008627115854.jpg

Nice mantas.. tied to pic a fav but couldn't!

Had a good surf down here today 4 out, then just 2 of us. Close by reef 2-4ft. Nothin like ya pics (that's why I didn't bother with pics!)

Allbetter than ma Jp waves though!

Has anyone surfed anything like this? I feel like a pussie winging about the winter mornings here. They must have top quality wetsuits eh?

Norway

570_QN0S7161_2008630134527.jpg

570_QN0S4799_200863013462.jpg

570_QN0S4522_2008630134851.jpg

This is classic

570_THOREGG_2008630135244.jpg

That Thor is a god in NOrway!

brrr.. I have seen videos of doods surfing in iceland .. they were jumping off an ice flow... too funny..

grindavik61033.jpg

here is a sick iceland wave i found.