• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

havent looked out the door yet, but it is raining and blowing.

there wasnt anything much yesterday, but there has been waves at noosa and byron at the weekend..

my leg is still no good. its still gonna be months yet. I am almost ready for a body surf i reckon.. smile

I am in training and ready to go at a moments notice when the break heals properly..

I bet there is a dump for the opening of the ski season in oz.

I havent looked lately as there is no point for me.. :(

its slop here now (the surf). and building.. so when it dies down, i reckon the surf will be fully sik dood..

• 2 weeks later...

yep, flat rock..

it was the best wave around today..

p.s. i saw a whale breaching off bar beach today..

I was driving past and looked out to sea and this whale breaches about 4-500 metres off shore..

I went up to the headland off Mary Gilmore but they did not breach again, just come up to the surface and blow a little bit. I saw about 3 i reckon..

Have been spending a lot of time in Indo, with a trip to the Mentawais last month - what a great trip. One day under 4 ft and one day 8-10ft which was a Bintang day for me. Being there early in the season was a bonus as surfed 9 of the 12 days by ourselves......if you get the chance get there....

wave Hey, PP, weren't you working in Java or something?

How early in the season were you in the Mentawais?

I had a 'surf ' today. It took me 40 mins. to get out the back and I caught only one wave.

Went in a christian surfers gut sliding comp on saturday with my brother for a few laughs(with a few of our mates from back in the days). 4-5ft slabs of death.. was fun and made it to the quarters.. Not bad for not touching the lid for almost a decade! Was the only place surfable due to the conditions, but still digging the sand out of my cavities!

Hi Guys, we were the second trip of the year being early April, weather was awesome and a great trip. Here's a typical day, this right was 350-400m long..well worth the paddle and just our boat there.....

n615861479_1141360_4978.jpg

Did a job in Java for a mining company early last year but couldnt subscribe to their approach so ended up bailing and moving to Bali for 3 months ........yeah that was tough LOL.

Now working for the EPCM team working with BHP Iron Ore on their expansion projects, no more trips to Indo this year, already had 3, but my trip in Jan should make up for that smile

Here's a pic of one of the floats from Nyepi Day in March whilst there for my birthday, which is similar to New Years Day. The night before they have a great parade and ceremony with awesome floats like this

pete013.jpg

pete010.jpg

pete009.jpg

Then the next day, Nypei, NO one is allowed on the street, if you do its straight to jail!!! For those of you that have been to Bali this is Poppies 1 in kuta taken from my hotel. Amazing to see it empty....

pete023.jpg

And couldnt post about Bali without a pic from a Warung at Ulus smile

pete001.jpg