The local was absolutely firing today. The photos don't do it justice really. it was one one those days you hang for, 4-5 foot with a light offshore. thumbsup.gif

I checked it early, then decided I didn't want to go out alone, so I went and got my mate out of bed. We then surfed it by ourselves for the next 3 hours on our own. there was still no-one out when we left the beach Brilliant!

To top it off, we had a pod of about 30 dolphins performing all kinds of tricks for us in our own private show. They were literally about 2 feet away at times

DSCF0779.jpg

DSCF0781.jpg

DSCF0780.jpg

I'm rooted!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah it was going off yesterday in town.

i tried to get some pics but it was too late

and not enough light for my carp p&s camera..

i think it has dropped a fair bit today but still something around..

Not even the 1.6 k ? not enough swell to get in there?

Yeah i am practicing, thanks mantas..

i am getting a new one next week so expect some humdingers.

The swell gets in but it hits the beach very straight and mostly closes out 90% of the time.

As you get up the northern end, the banks are always better but the wind (SW) is side shore.

It's more of a summer place up here, when the swell and wind come out of the northern quarters.

Nice fellas!

Just back to Perth and woohooo! Our gear arrived before us, so our boards and gear is all here! Yeeeeeeeha!

Probably no waves right now though... lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Mantas
My biggest problem at the moment is finding someone to surf with.

Me too!
I've gone from surfing with 100's of people to having no one!
Frustrating as there have been some tasty waves at certain ekstcho reefs but not keen on doing hans solo..

Yeah. Hans solo kind of freaks me out a bit too. Not just from a shark point of view. Often there is no-one around for miles.

If 'something' happens to you. Your screwed.

Yep.. I've had many memorable pit that "didn't happen" but the ones that were in front of crew always seem much better!

Mantas, i'm back in SA looking for some 4WD pits this week!

Got my first surf this morning smile.gif

Chest high, closing out, but was out there with my mate getting pitted and slammed, pitted and slammed, pitted and slammed... Ah, ya gotta love it! I still have sea water coming out my nose every time I bend over to do something! lol.gif

Flat as a pancake (a niseko pancake even) today. It's one of those days that you could water ski out there.

I'm off in the boat for a dive, hopefully some lobster for dinner laugh.gif

Mate, half your luck!

We are in the middle of a great southern storm. Will have a nice stormy out the front tomorrow morning to shake off the wine I am about to dig into..

Hi Ewok. wave.gif

No lobsters today, but we got a good feed of squid and fish for BBQ tomorrow night. grin.gif

Those systems down there are pretty intense eh. Big S.W.ers going our way on Sunday.

news_syn_d2.jpg