Originally Posted By: Indo
@ Lakeys one morning (I was always on the 5am session!) I was out by myself for 30 mins but in a total of under 90 mins I had 20 solid waves under my belt and to today I will always remember the count.. Me 17 (deep pits) Lakeys 3 (on the head, ground into the reef on the inside!)

You did better at lakeys than me Indo. I can't remember getting too many barrels and I copped the worst flogging of my life (no confused , second worst).
I got caught inside with a solid set looming over my head and about 20 inches of water to hide in. I managed to wedge myself in a crevis in the coral but the wave just plucked me off the reef like a starfish and rolled my across about 20 meters of coral. When I came up, both my board (brand new) was snapped in halve as well as my legrope.
sadface
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Mantas
@ Lakeys one morning (I was always on the 5am session!) I was out by myself for 30 mins but in a total of under 90 mins I had 20 solid waves under my belt and to today I will always remember the count.. Me 17 (deep pits) Lakeys 3 (on the head, ground into the reef on the inside!)

You did better at lakeys than me Indo. I can't remember getting too many barrels and I copped the worst flogging of my life (no confused , second worst).
I got caught inside with a solid set looming over my head and about 20 inches of water to hide in. I managed to wedge myself in a crevis in the coral but the wave just plucked me off the reef like a starfish and rolled my across about 20 meters of coral. When I came up, both my board (brand new) was snapped in halve as well as my legrope.
sadface

stories like this make me happy to be a beginner for a while more...

Yesterday I was at shida shita. I know that the taito - shida shita stretch gets mocked by everyone, but throught june and this first week of july, it has had the best shape of all the spots from katagai south every time except for once. It's really odd because last year it was just slop around there, whereas now it's shapely (if small).

Mate, by that time I"d spent almost 6 months there during that year.
I could navigate the place (Peak/pipe) with my eyes closed!

Hey King, I was at Shida shita, too. from 11ish to 1pm with Rob and two other girls.

It was getting too windy in the afternoon and we decided to go home for lunch.

I think I'm going to have a lesson next time from CHP nori san.

Why is this guy wearing a steamer at Pipeline?

Because it ain't pipe. It's the South coast NSW last week. This kid only got his first pubes a few years ago.

570__B6P1685_20087518425.jpg

Originally Posted By: slow
Hey King, I was at Shida shita, too. from 11ish to 1pm with Rob and two other girls.
It was getting too windy in the afternoon and we decided to go home for lunch.
I think I'm going to have a lesson next time from CHP nori san.

Hello there, I saw a girl with Rob but I don't think it was you, must have been one of the others. I was the only guy in the water in shorts and a rash guard, everyone kept on asking me if I was cold but it was lovely and warm! I go down there quite a lot with Tsondaboy so we should say hello next time!
Originally Posted By: tsondaboy
Sure, but don't expect to see us riding a pipe. razz

Pipeline.....also known as the Banzai Pipeline. Anyone know what the Banzai is all about?

(No googling now....... naughty)

cos you'd have to be kamikaze to ride the damn thing??

i went there just sit on the beach and watch the pros at the Pipeline Masters and it gave me the shits just watching those monsters!!

I posted some goodies on here koko.. you only have to search thru 70 odd pages to fund them.

eeeewwww ugh...

its howling here today and freezing cold... yucko...

sadface

Hahaha good to see Im not the only one who has stood on the reef there and got a flogging. Lucky for all its just rock and not live coral ......

Yeah PP.

That reef is fairly gentle, though the right shallower and sharper than the left.

On BIG days the inside gets pretty dry (as I found out) but pipe is were I paid my dues!

I'd give my left nut to be over there now..

Yeah PP.
That reef is fairly gentle, though the right shallower and sharper than the left.
On BIG days the inside gets pretty dry (as I found out) but pipe is were I paid my dues!
I'd give my left nut to be over there now..

RATFMAO - Pipe, yes you are so right........managed a reef walk there once or twice.... smile