Soubs, I've spent many a week at that spot. It's avery famous for it's machete wielding locals!

Japan's sea's mean nothing in the BIG picture anyway. Typhoons are way over rated and usually you spend time trying to find somewhere that might be able to hold the swell, and there aren't that many spots.

Here's a free site that you can watch hourly live updates.

Mantas and spook, check out the circled link.. that's where I usually surf. Looks alright today but you guys might think otherwise!

cameracopy.jpg

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a chance spook.

Like I said earlier in this thread somewhere I went through a lid phase, mainly due to surfing with my little bro. Knights is one place I will get back on the sponge as it's no place for a stick.

I'll post some good shots during the Xmas break if we score it.

i just found this old thread, and thought it was worth recycling...

http://www.snowjapanforums.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Main/560/Number/10270#Post10270

Q: "I'm wondering if I can use my snowboard in the sea rather than shelling out for another board?"

A:"Yes, it is possible to use your snowboard for surfing. However, this tends to be more difficult than with a regular surfboard"

A: "You don't actually say where you will be surfing, so it's hard to give advice"

For all the worldliness and travel that these "I'm a soul traveller" Lonely Planet types no doubt claim to do better than anyone else, some of them are friggin stupid. I mean come on, how do you surf on a snowboard? The bindings would make it very hard to paddle and there are no fins. Other than that, no problemo!! The fact that it would sink to the bottom of the ocean is no reason not to give it a go.

Got some nice big waves up on the SEA OF JAPAN on Saturday fellas \:\) Was about head and a half high with some of the earlier sets pushing up towards double! Was easily the biggest I have seen it up there. And it was handling it surprisingly well. It had dropped off quite a bit by late avo though. And all the hordes were sitting on the bach watching! thumbsup.gif Most of them couldn't get out through the breakers. So the few of us who did get out earlier had some nice uncrowded waves. Stoked! \:\)

Beachie, but a bit like Secret Harbour or even Trigg on a big day. The banks were handling it well. It was breaking quite a way out. I got a few pics later in the day after I got out, so will try and get some up if any turned out.

Originally Posted By: Bushpig
Got some nice big waves up on the SEA OF JAPAN on Saturday fellas \:\) Was about head and a half high with some of the earlier sets pushing up towards double!

Wow, almost double head? My heads about 30cm, so does that mean the waves were almost reaching 60cm? whistle.gif
 Originally Posted By: Bushpig
lol.gif well I am lying down on a bodyboard ;\)

You whipped yourself!
Glad you been getting waves. I'm still a cripple! Might be another month or 2 \:\( before I get any action.

My Bro just got back from Indo, popped over to SA last week and got some action lying down, coz he didn't take any gear.

n666975973_271293_6534.jpg

holy crap! that is mental! spinal injury central

was round at a lid mate's house the other day and he had the latest riptide mag. they were towing into huge right pits. the claim was the biggest barrels in oz, and i reckon it's a legit call. MACKIN

i can't find the pics on the net cos i don;t know who the dudes were, but it was mental

Spook, yep Sth Oz, Knights to be exact, (now you know why I don't ride my stick out there)

If you look closely you'll see he's got the helmet cam hooked up.

I'll have to ask him if the vid came out, coz I wanna see him eat shit.

That right you might be talking about could be a HUUUGE ugly monster somewhere in Sth Oz, that a bunch of nutter lids found a while ago. Were they towing in?