• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

GYOZA!

So like a home-made version then.   Sounds good to me.

I was avoiding ramen over summer, just too hot, but got back into it the last few weeks. Miso negi. Can't beat it.

I'm not sure about funny, but it's definitely a small place.

Officially not Muikamachi town anymore of course, but 'Minamiuonuma city' which includes Shiozawa.

Just a small town really. Route 17 goes through the middle - the station off on one side and another parallel road of old style shops on the other.

Then there's some bigger shops near the Expressway like I said before, and shops on Route 17 either side of town.

More shops and bigger shops than Yuzawa, less of a resort town than Yuzawa - it's more a place where people live.

:friend:

That's why it's funny - there is a major road going through the town, and as you said, it's a place where people live, even though there are ski resorts and a tourist destination and bit down the road.

I liked it - really I did. Enjoyed rumbling along on the bus through the town, looking at the rice paddies covered in snow, and the odd old houses.

A 2-3km part of it has been open for a few years now. They stopped it due to budget cuts, apparently, but it is back on now, apparently.

Not sure when it will open there is still a lot to do by the looks of it.

I had some "coffee tea" this afternoon.

Put some coffee in a mug. Came back 10 minutes later, after being distrated, then put a tea bag in the cup and water.

Voila. Coffee Tea.

It was.... interesting

How do you make naan bread?

I've seen "special" Naan flour in the shops....dunno whats special about it though. Local place in Fujisawa makes em fresh....you can watch them doing it, stick the dough onto the inside of a Tandoor oven....well nice!