Tesco have bought a Japanese supermarket chain and are still under their name, but they are changing over the branding on products to Tesco's range. Doing it clever I reckon, in the back door, building Brand loyalty and recognition, then eventually I'd imagine that the whole store will be re-branded as Tesco. Its been here for a year or 2 and it started off as just 1 section of a shelf in 1 aisle that was Tesco stuff from home, but now its spreading and you can find Tesco products in every aisle

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

GYOZA!

So like a home-made version then.   Sounds good to me.

I was avoiding ramen over summer, just too hot, but got back into it the last few weeks. Miso negi. Can't beat it.

can't get pasties. Large can of beans is about 300 yen, tesco's own brown sauce as well....not HP but damn sight better than nothing! smile The biscuits etc are competitively priced with Japanese biscuits but in foreign sized packets, so I got a regular UK sized packet of digestives for 220 yen. More expensive than back home perhaps but still not too bad for a taste from home

You need to share those sausage rolls.

Not sure if having too much "food from home" would be a good thing. One of the things about going back to hometown is the food.

I love Yakiniku.......had some great Yakitori the other night as well. simple stuff, meat n veg on a stick and cooked over hot coals but damn they taste good with beer!

Had beans on toast for brekkie this morning! yummy

Yakiniku yakitori yummy yummy.

Pastis and French salami for me at the mo. People seem to make a big deal over French sauces, but their simple foods are also very very good.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...