• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

GYOZA!

So like a home-made version then.   Sounds good to me.

I was avoiding ramen over summer, just too hot, but got back into it the last few weeks. Miso negi. Can't beat it.

Originally Posted By: 2pints,mate
Toasted sandwiches when dones well are just ace.

Last night cheese, onion, mayonaisse, ham, worcester sauce.

Oh yes.

toasties are quality!! BUT whats with shitey toastie machines not sealing the bread and all the bloody cheese spilling out the back.....infuruates me, so now I just do it in the toaster oven.
Ham, cheese, onion and Tomato with a little Branstons sandwich pickle...mmmmmmmmmmm

yeah....my mum used to have a machine that was similar to a George Foreman grill, only it wasn't sloped. We used to make toasties in this, it had a corrugated grill which used to give you corrugated toasties! Think it was the best non-toastie, toastie machine ever!!

we've got chooks and a vegie garden, so a special (once a month) treat is: take three natural (orgasmic) eggs from our happy vigin hens (no rooster), a big handfull of finely chopped curly-leaf parsley, mix together, and pour into a hot fry pan.

Brown on both sides, turn out onto a plate THEN add salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste. Eat with whole grain toast - friggin' yum-o!

On occasion add a small amount of finely chopped brown onion.

(Detox in a meal!) wink

• 2 weeks later...

what arw horse sashimi?? Really? A lot of izakaya's sell it, its actually not that bad BoC.

I ate some great Pork Okonomiyaki while down in Osaka at the weekend.

Okonomiyaki is like a Japanese Omelete, usually containing chopped up vegetables, tiny baby shrimp, dried fish flakes, seaweed and Tonkatsu sauce, all kept together with an eggy, pancake like mix. I can't eat seafood so the one I had didn't have the baby shrimp, dried fish flakes or seaweed, but had nice bits of pork sliced on top...it has mayonaise slathered on top as well