yuzu = citron

there is a restaurant called "nonjae" in happo area and they have very good tempura soba for lunch (not dinner time); it has yuzu in it. first i thought yuzu in soba was strange but now i'm a fan. if you come out to happo, please try tempura soba muikabochi =)

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

GYOZA!

So like a home-made version then.   Sounds good to me.

I was avoiding ramen over summer, just too hot, but got back into it the last few weeks. Miso negi. Can't beat it.

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
 Originally Posted By: RobBright
cheese - love the stuff

pretty hard to come by over here though.

not in Fujisawa, Kamakura or Yokohama it isn't - between those three got all the cheese bases covered.

And today's yummy food

ジャガリコ Jygarico

The BEST crisps in Japan - and the potato butter flavour are amazing with beer!

Check out the plum flavor crisps (thick cut).

They are very nice.

Another thing I like is the chocolate covered kakinotane. Interesting taste combination going on there.

I don't like the pickled eggs, but yeah Thurs, a big pickled onion from the Chipper, nestled in your bag of chips soaked in more vinegar and some salt!! When you open the bag and the pungent aroma from the onion and vinegar hits you, your mouth waters instantly!!!! mmmmmmmmmmmm

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Yummm.. I used to have sliced pickled onion sandwiches when I was in school. My friends thought I was nuts! Loved it!

me too!

I love getting a fritter roll from the chippy and smothering it in vinegar, it soaks into the roll and when you get to the end...mmmmm all that acidic goodness!! \:\)