• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

GYOZA!

So like a home-made version then.   Sounds good to me.

I was avoiding ramen over summer, just too hot, but got back into it the last few weeks. Miso negi. Can't beat it.

I used to buy those all the time in Korea but for some reason don't do so now. Ah, I remember why, everything's so bloody expensive here!!!!! Well not everything perhaps, but you get my drift! :thumbsup:

Was that a tomo-chocco or a giri-chocco, Mick?

I think somewhere between the two but definitely not honmei-choco!!!

Had to check it wasn't 1st April:

615x330_philadelphia-chocolate-spre.jpg?m=1329432864

Philadelphia launch Cadbury's flavour

Would you eat chocolate cream cheese?

We're all in favour of weird flavour combinations, but this is one food trend we're dubious will catch on.

Kraft foods (who received criticism for their takeover of British institution Cadbury) have announced they are taking Britain's most famous chocolate brand "in a new direction" - by pairing it with cream cheese.

Philadelphia with Cadbury is a "chilled chocolate spread" made from Philadelphia Light and Cadbury chocolate. Kraft has high hopes for the new product, and expects to rake in £10m in sales in the first year alone. With 86 calories per 30g serving, the brand are (in a rather sinister move) targeting 'guilty snackers', hoping they'll eat the spread as an alternative to Nutella.

Sound too weird to be tasty? Apparently, chocolate cream cheese is already huge hit in Europe, with Milka-flavoured varieties available in Italy and Germany.

Will it replace peanut butter as our savoury but sweet spread of choice? You'll have to wait until February 1, when Philly for chocoholics launches in supermarkets.

Talking of weird flavour combinations, I had some "Caramel Corn" crisps/chips last night! Apparently they were a limited edition for hina matsuri (the girls dolls day) so came in a pink bag, etc and tasted caramely/peachy! Not really "cho-yummy" but very Japanese! ;)

Yeah sure, love the stuff.

There is a great little bakery in Ofuna, which sells bread filled with nutella / ricotta cheese. Delicious stuff!

You tried the Cadbury/philadelphia one rob?

Yeah sure, love the stuff.

There is a great little bakery in Ofuna, which sells bread filled with nutella / ricotta cheese. Delicious stuff!

You tried the Cadbury/philadelphia one rob?

Yeah, the wife made her own mixture before in the past for chocolate cheesecake.