• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

GYOZA!

So like a home-made version then.   Sounds good to me.

I was avoiding ramen over summer, just too hot, but got back into it the last few weeks. Miso negi. Can't beat it.

yeah, i cheated and bought the pie-sheets

Hmm - tempted to make a chicken and mushroom pie next week, with that cream stew stuff they have here as the sauce. :D

But then a steak and ale pie would also be great. :D

Deep fried butter served up in Scotland

After the success of the deep fried Mars Bar, chefs in Scotland have devised the ultimate high-calorie snack with deep fried butter balls.

The dessert, made from frozen balls of butter and given a Scottish twist with Irn Bru batter, is already popular in the US.

Described as a "heart attack on a plate", the chefs at The Fiddler's Elbow in Edinburgh, serve the sticky treat with Irn Bru ice cream and coulis.

For those wanting an even more potent version of the dish, called Braveheart Butter Bombs, a variation with whisky batter is also available.

The creation was devised by Simon Robertson, head chef, and Paul Fitchie, a former chef with Harvey Nichols.

Mr Robertson said: "We thought we'd add a bit of fun to our menu of Scottish dishes and it's really got people talking.

I went to Roti in Roppongi, all u can eat roast carvery......amazing!! Roast turkey, roast beef and roast ham, with loads of different veggies, gravy, red wine jus, mushroom risotto, crusty bread and then a dessert selection of pecan pie, chocolate cake, strawberry pavlova and berry crumble and cream.....fatbassa.com!!!! :D

It was good, thanks for asking.

Only thing missing was the yorkshire piss, but due to a lack of oven space, they had to be sacrificed.

Safe to say, from January, a detox will be undertaken. Stomach and head aren't feeling too good today.

How was your day?

Did you manage to make christmas dinner in a pie?