SnowJapan Community
Sign in to follow this  
rach

Cho-yummy things

Scouser (and other brits)

A Tim Tam is basically a Penguin biscuit in a different packet. Not bad, but nothing special. A bit sickly tbh.

I know Penguin biscuits. As you say nothing special.

I want to get some Wagon Wheels.

I still keep coming back to the Angel Pies.

That crab stuff looks awful. I don't like bones and shells in my food.

Haha, I feel the same way about chocolate. I just hate sweet stuff.

Now, if the crab was raw, then that's the kind of sweet I adore.

Pickled Onions.

Much better than the little pretend ones called 'rakkyo' you get here. \:\)

Yesterday I had home-made scotch eggs and corned beef pie. Very good it was too.

I'm on a cooking boom right now. I hate it when work gets in the way of that on a weekday, often too hungry to want to spend the time after work cooking that slow food.

I got some omiyage from someone that is really good. Small boxes of cookies with Eriya (and Tokyo Nakano) written on them. I really like the cheese flavored sticks. Very nice.

Sour salted plums.

I just love em.

One of the japanese students who boarded with us gave us some and I was the only person in the family to develop a taste for the little kidney killers.

Me too. Sweet potato pie, yum.my.

Not sure about sour salted plums.

I have had the Eriya cookies before, nice.

I have been making a lot of sukiyaki recently and am getting quite good at it I can tell you. \:\) Really like a strong tasting one, lots of the ones I have had in shops have been rather weak. Next day leftovers really good too.

I love Japanese food generally but my versions of Japanese meals also get a stronger taste as well. Apart from ikanoshiokara and natto of course which doesn't need a stronger taste lol.gif

What I've been enjoying recently is taking some hot gyoza home from a ramen place, and then crisping them up on the stove. Not exactly diet food, but very yummy! \:\)

Drunk.

Hungry.

Found some Honey Nuts Crunch corn flakes.

Ate the whole box.

Yum.

You are forgiven for being drunk ;\)

Gyoza are great hey v? There's a take out gyoza place fairly near where I live and I often pick up 2 packs to take home and crisp up myself. Great after a night out too.

Quote:
Originally posted by pie-eater:
Does she do pies? \:\)
:) She does now, at least for the man she loves lol.gif

She came home from the standard 10 hour shift at the cakeworks, and cooked me some Cornish pasties last night. The shape was a little unconventional, so technically they are Oishida pasties. Yum 1luvu.gif

Oishida pasties sound good to me. I have not yet had a really successful pie-like pastry here in Japan. I suppose it is good to have things to look forward to like that when you make your way home.

li hing mui shave ice, smores, jalepeno and habenero's. Dai ski! Taco(H)Bell. Love it!

Quote:
Originally posted by xxx:
I have not yet had a really successful pie-like pastry here in Japan.
Pasties should have short pastry, but in this case she used flaky, which I prefer. She buys in the pastry for her sweet pastries because getting it consistently right is quite an art, and her supplier has excellent QC.

Oh and I love nozawana whenever I go to Nagano and Niigata. Every time it's pickled differently. Goes really good with Niigata rice and beer, mmm..

Sign in to follow this  

sjf2019l.png

About SnowJapan

SnowJapan.com is the independent guide to skiing and snowboarding in Japan and has been online since 1999.

SnowJapan.com covers the whole of Japan. We are here to introduce the world to unbiased, honest and detailed information about winter sports in Japan. We publish exclusive and in-depth and daily content throughout the winter season and we add new functionality and content to the site every year.

We are not here to promote any specific destinations or resorts, or to sell our readers any kind of products or services. We are not a travel agency and we do not own any ski resorts, ski schools, accommodations or other related businesses.