Do you do delivery? ;) :p

Delivery is possible!

But sorry no more spare beet this year just what I got pickled in my fridge and I don't have enough to let that go.

Will have to be next year as I do grow them every summer.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

GYOZA!

So like a home-made version then.   Sounds good to me.

I was avoiding ramen over summer, just too hot, but got back into it the last few weeks. Miso negi. Can't beat it.

Peetan, if you ordered some pickled beetroots from snowdude, you'd probably end up getting sent some marshmallows in a box.

Or anything else that does not happen to be pickled beetroot.

;)

Just joshing snowdude.

:)

I'm sure some of the appeal comes from the draughtiness and lack of insulation in many Japanese homes. ;) Something hot will be much nicer than some rice, grilled fish, and pickles that's gone cold while it was being nicely arranged in them little bowls.

There are some genuinely good nabe though. Nabe is an easy way to make the veggies that are cheap and available in winter taste quite good. fwiw, the kind of crappy, less flavoured ones (mizutaki etc.) taste way better if you get yourself some decent ponzu and not the cheapo chemical MIzkan one. It also helps if you actively choose to have nabe and add nice stuff rather than just doing it as something to use up that wilted hakusai in the fridge.

The shabu shabu dippers, good ponzu with momiji oroshi (daikon with chili) and the thick sesame sauce, are both well yummy.

PS. Good oden is fantastic and a million miles from whatever stale crap might be on sale in the conbeni.

• Like 1

Just demolished a 700g rump off the Weber.

Washed down with Burleigh Brewing's Hef and Duke Premium Lager.

All this after an afternoon sucking Stones & Wood Pale Ale in the Eatons Hill Hotel with Mrs. & Young Miss Big Al on a hot humid Queensland day.

:thumbsup: Aaaaahh life's good :thumbsup:

Just demolished a 700g rump off the Weber.

Washed down with Burleigh Brewing's Hef and Duke Premium Lager.

All this after an afternoon sucking Stones & Wood Pale Ale in the Eatons Hill Hotel with Mrs. & Young Miss Big Al on a hot humid Queensland day.

:thumbsup: Aaaaahh life's good :thumbsup:

700g rump!........holy sheeet.

I wondered what happened here -

Half Cow.jpg