• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

GYOZA!

So like a home-made version then.   Sounds good to me.

I was avoiding ramen over summer, just too hot, but got back into it the last few weeks. Miso negi. Can't beat it.

Yesterday I had home-made scotch eggs and corned beef pie. Very good it was too.

I'm on a cooking boom right now. I hate it when work gets in the way of that on a weekday, often too hungry to want to spend the time after work cooking that slow food.

Sour salted plums.

I just love em.

One of the japanese students who boarded with us gave us some and I was the only person in the family to develop a taste for the little kidney killers.

I have been making a lot of sukiyaki recently and am getting quite good at it I can tell you. \:\) Really like a strong tasting one, lots of the ones I have had in shops have been rather weak. Next day leftovers really good too.

I love Japanese food generally but my versions of Japanese meals also get a stronger taste as well. Apart from ikanoshiokara and natto of course which doesn't need a stronger taste lol.gif

You are forgiven for being drunk ;\)

Gyoza are great hey v? There's a take out gyoza place fairly near where I live and I often pick up 2 packs to take home and crisp up myself. Great after a night out too.

• 2 weeks later...
 Quote:
Originally posted by pie-eater:
Does she do pies? \:\)
:) She does now, at least for the man she loves lol.gif

She came home from the standard 10 hour shift at the cakeworks, and cooked me some Cornish pasties last night. The shape was a little unconventional, so technically they are Oishida pasties. Yum 1luvu.gif

Oishida pasties sound good to me. I have not yet had a really successful pie-like pastry here in Japan. I suppose it is good to have things to look forward to like that when you make your way home.

Quote:
Originally posted by xxx:
I have not yet had a really successful pie-like pastry here in Japan.
Pasties should have short pastry, but in this case she used flaky, which I prefer. She buys in the pastry for her sweet pastries because getting it consistently right is quite an art, and her supplier has excellent QC.