I found TimTams at yamaya today, is it so good? Looks very sweet and too dangerous. I didn't buy it today even though I wanted to try...

I'll have dark chocolate covered one tomorrow for my tea time. ;\)

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

GYOZA!

So like a home-made version then.   Sounds good to me.

I was avoiding ramen over summer, just too hot, but got back into it the last few weeks. Miso negi. Can't beat it.

scouser

Timtams are something like wafers coated by some more sugar if I can describe.

I have had some befoe when a couple of Auzzie guests tossed some to us. They say there are many flavors so maybe different people can explain it differently.

The crab ramen at the Niseko Hanazono rest house was da bomb!

366716315_19bc1e2d5c_o.jpg

All this mighty tasty crab and classic Sapporo miso ramen for 1000 yen. Unthinkable in honshu resorts where 1000 yen will get you super bland ramen.

wafers coated in sugar?!? WTF were they trying to feed you Gam?! lol.gif eek.gif

Tim Tams are basically chocolate biscuits covered in Chocolate and filled with a rich chocolatey cream. Some are made with dark chocolate, some with caramel inside, others with truffle filling. Bloody good!

Quote:
Originally posted by Bushpig:
wafers coated in sugar?!? WTF were they trying to feed you Gam?! lol.gif eek.gif

Tim Tams are basically chocolate biscuits covered in Chocolate and filled with a rich chocolatey cream. Some are made with dark chocolate, some with caramel inside, others with truffle filling. Bloody good!
Hum... but that didn't look like that to me.
At least I didn't find any chocolate thingy around though? Maybe it was different one?
wakaranai.gif

Anyone tried the tim tam slam?

From wikipedia!!

Prepare a cup of tea (or other hot or cold drink)

Remove the Tim Tam from the packet

Bite a small section off two diagonally opposite corners

Dip one corner into the drink

Suck on the other corner, which will mix the drink with little pieces of the biscuit

When the Tim Tam begins to fall apart in your hand, eat the whole biscuit

Obtain another Tim Tam from the packet and return to step 2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Tam_Slam

Awesomely good, but can get a little messy if you're not quick enough!!

Quote:
Originally posted by number9:
The crab ramen at the Niseko Hanazono rest house was da bomb!
366716315_19bc1e2d5c_o.jpg
All this mighty tasty crab and classic Sapporo miso ramen for 1000 yen. Unthinkable in honshu resorts where 1000 yen will get you super bland ramen.
did you eat all the ramen before you took the pic? Lots of crab though.

Sweet crab and uni! Where they both in Hokkaido? Couldn't find any decently priced uni at Niseko.

Actually the noodles are hidden underneat in the soup, the bowl's quite large so there was enough noodles (but not too much that you'd be overstuffed for afternoon riding).

Quote:
Originally posted by longboardsk8man:
Anyone tried the tim tam slam?

From wikipedia!!

Prepare a cup of tea (or other hot or cold drink)
Remove the Tim Tam from the packet
Bite a small section off two diagonally opposite corners
Dip one corner into the drink
Suck on the other corner, which will mix the drink with little pieces of the biscuit
When the Tim Tam begins to fall apart in your hand, eat the whole biscuit
Obtain another Tim Tam from the packet and return to step 2
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Tam_Slam

Awesomely good, but can get a little messy if you're not quick enough!!
Yep didn't call it a slam though.. I like 'em with Coffee or Hot Milo.

You should try it with that crab ramen..

Try Sony Plaza in the building connected to the Tokyu department store in Nagano City for Tim Tams. I don't know if they sell them, but they have a lot of imported sweet things like them.

There's lots of great food in Hokkaido. I can't say I'm a big fan of miso ramen in particular, but Thursday's grilled crab looks good. I've only been once four or five years ago, but the ground floor place in the Niseko Scott put many a gelende meal to shame. It was like real food!There was a good variety of nice tucker at Markie's fave, the Piano at Kiroro too. Our 5am breakfast at Otari fish market after getting off the ferry was the best though.