• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speed bumps, speed cameras, surveillance cameras, litter, graffiti, dogshit, rampant vandalism, drunk fat chicks displaying navel rings and tats, car theft, reactionary society living off the past rather than striving for the future.

I don`t think so. I miss pies and pints and a fag in the pub.

Sorry 2pints. It is easy to make a list. I`m not trying to be provocative. I consider myself English, but England is truly a foreign country.

We live right in the centre of town, directly opposite the station. We get no drunks singing in the street, no vandalism, dogshit or graffiti. People leave their cars parked in public with the keys in the ignition. They don`t lock their front doors. The banks don`t have grilles and tellers sitting behind bullet-proof glass. There are no surveillance cameras.

I read elsewhere that Japan is a nation of racists. Where I live is a wonderfully free society. Very similar to the England that I grew up in, but which no longer exists.

That's great soubs. Sounds like a nice place.

For the record, where I live we don't get drunks singing in the street, or vandalism, or dogshit or graffiti.

People may not leave their cars parked in public with the keys in the ignition, but that's a bit of a silly thing to do anyway I'd say.

It seems you have made your mind up about England as whole, but it sure isn't all like you seem to imagine.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...