Put on weight or lost weight in Japan

Quote:
Originally posted by Bushpig:
weird how the spacing in bong's posting formed a straight line about 1/3 in from the right.
And if you click and drag the browser window to change the width, the whitespace line is pretty consistent. Trippy yeah.

I gained about 5kg since coming back to Japan after uni. But I'm not sure if that's the inactivity and beer consumption or slowing metabolism, probably a combination of both. Certainly makes me a slower more tired skater for hockey..

Perhaps I am not qualified to post here coz I've lived in Japan entire my life.

When I came back from Europe for about 40 days travel when I was 21 years old , I found I had lost 13kgs!!

Only in a 40 days though. Maybe the trip was tough coz it was just by myself.

Lately I make it a rule to have a pack of natto at breakfast, a galss of sour water at lunch and a bunch of tofu at dinner to lose some neutral fat. Natto and tofu are okay, but a glass of sour water! Grrrrr.... very tough.

\:\(

Quote:
Originally posted by Bushpig:
sour water? What's that Gam? Do you mean vinegar drinks?
I think so. 2 spoonful brewed vinegar (30mls) and 150mls water in a glass. I don't like it. \:\(

A really fit Japanese friend put on about 10Kg in about 2 weeks out of the blue. Her regular doctor didn't have a clue. She just happened to meet a kanpo doctor one night out drinking and when she told him what had happened, he asked if she had gotten any new pierces. As it turns out, she had just gotten her belly button pierced the day before she started ballooning. On his advice, she took it out, and she returned to her normal weight within a matter of days. True story.