Put on weight or lost weight in Japan

The food I eat here is so much better than what I was eating back in the States. I put on weight when I first came here, maybe because I didn't know what there was and so wasn't making the best choices but recently have slimmed down to less than when I came here. Even though I eat a lot.

I'm interested to know people on here that are in Japan find that they are heavier or lighter than when they first came here?

I lost 4 kg in the 4 months since I've been back in Japan. And thats even with the increased amount of beer Im drinking. Its the canteen lunchs at work that do, and no daytime snacking.

This post confused me at first. I read it and thought, hang on, Rach is already fat, why is she asking this question? Then I realised it was Rachael asking, not Rach (aka Chesterfield.)

I certainly didn't, however I'd imagine you could get fat in Japan, but you would have to purposely choose Japanese food that made you fat, unlike in many western countries where just visiting a supermarket puts you on the blubber path. That and sitting on yer arse 20 hours a week watching the telly to entertain yourself.

I've put on. Simply b/c of a less active lifestyle. It's not that the food blows me away. I don't dive or surf or play basketball like I used to. I recently quit driving though and decided to take on walking from A to B or walking to public transportation. The weight is getting back to normal.

Im the same Rachael, I lost weight since coming here as well. Dont know if it was Japan per say rather than my entire lifstyle change. Cut out all the crap I used to eat in the States. Its expensive to eat loads of salads and fruits in Japan compared with the US but if its for my health I dont even worry bout the ¥¥. Actually my weight probably hasnt changed but the extra fat is gone thumbsup.gif

Lost a load of weight right at the beginning when arrived here and have since struggled to out it back on. My goal is to be about 100kgs for rugby as I was back at home, somehow I never get above 96/7kgs while here. I could laze about and do sod all, eat Maccas everyday and generally turn into a slob but that requires far too much effort! ;\) :p

i put on weight, but that was not so much to do with being in japan per say but most likely was due to changing from a job where i was active and outdoors everyday to inactive and in an air conditioned box everyday. the job didn't help the diet either.

however with my new job i have more oppotunities to be active and i eat much better. i am slowly getting back to my old self.

from fatness to fitness.

Lose weight when here. Put on weight when go back to home country. Lose weight when here. Put on weight when go back to home country. Lose weight when here. Put on weight when go back to home country. Lose weight when here. Put on weight when go back to home country. Lose weight when here. Put on weight when go back to home country. Lose weight when here. Put on weight when go back to home country. Lose weight when here. Put on weight when go back to home country. Lose weight when here. Put on weight when go back to home country. Lose weight when here. Put on weight when go back to home country. Lose weight when here. Put on weight when go back to home country. Lose weight when here. Put on weight when go back to home country. Lose weight when here. Put on weight when go back to home country. Lose weight when here. Put on weight when go back to home country. Lose weight when here. Put on weight when go back to home country. Lose weight when here. Put on weight when go back to home country. Lose weight when here. Put on weight when go back to home country. Lose weight when here. Put on weight when go back to home country. Lose weight when here. Put on weight when go back to home country. Lose weight when here. Put on weight when go back to home country. Lose weight when here. Put on weight when go back to home country. Lose weight when here. Put on weight when go back to home country. Lose weight when here. Put on weight when go back to home country. Lose weight when here. Put on weight when go back to home country. Lose weight when here. Put on weight when go back to home country. Lose weight when here. Put on weight when go back to home country. Lose weight when here. Put on weight when go back to home country. Lose weight when here. Put on weight when go back to home country. Lose weight when here. Put on weight when go back to home country. Lose weight when here. Put on weight when go back to home country. Lose weight when here. Put on weight when go back to home country. Lose weight when here. Put on weight when go back to home country. Lose weight when here. Put on weight when go back to home country. Lose weight when here. Put on weight when go back to home country. Lose weight when here. Put on weight when go back to home country. Lose weight when here. Put on weight when go back to home country. Lose weight when here. Put on weight when go back to home country. Lose weight when here. Put on weight when go back to home country. Lose weight when here. Put on weight when go back to home country. Lose weight when here. Put on weight when go back to home country. Lose weight when here. Put on weight when go back to home country.

Not much change when I first came here but put on weight when I was working as an eikaiwa trainer cos I was working 6 days/week, 16 hours/day, eating from convenience stores or fast food places & drinking lots of coffee in the mornings and beer at night. Just slept on Sundays. Hated the lifestyle & not being able to escape the city though so stuck it for less than a year & then got a new job. Lost the weight again pretty soon after I did that.

Happy again now \:\)

Although I don't feel stressed,, my doc keeps telling me the reason I've gained weight is from stress. I can't figure it out.. what I'm stressed out about is a clue to me. He's quite sure it's adapting to a new lifestyle.

lol.gif

Stress is the admirable thing to have it seems. It means you "work hard" just like staying at the office until 8pm every day is proof of the same.

stress: the silent killer.

I lost weight during my only 1 month stint in Japan... Despite drinking a sh*tload of beer, I burnt it all of riding all day and spending extra time in the onsen (Not sure this helped much, but it allowed me to drink more beer)