1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

Mate, If I was the boss I'd want them to be with their fam's as much as possible, encourage exercise rather than compulsory company nightly drinking etc etc. Healthy happy employees = a higher level of work and probably a bigger MOKE!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Between May and October I work from 9am to 8,9 or

10pm. From November to April from 9-6 and every second week from 11 to 6.

With this schedule I can unfortunately enjoy daylight saving time only on weekends in summer

NPM, you're always curious about where people work and what they do (some am I actually). But nobody ever answers you when you ask.

I've always been most punticilious about getting out the door at the official time. When my first company declared that they would no longer pay overtime but they expected the work to get done nevertheless for the good of the company, I made an even greater show of packing up and leaving right on time and not a second later.

Do you have to do a morning warm up dance and stuff like that at a public office?

In fact, do many/any companies still do that kind of thing or is that just an stereotype image of old Japan?

In my case, it really depends on what's going on then. When it's quiet time, I can finish whenever I want but when it's busy, I'm not sure what time I can finish my work.

Sometimes guests tease me over the phone saying

"Gamera, we got lost and drunk, how can we go back?"

Usually they can't find any landmarks nearby coz it's in the dark at night and even if they found some, they don't read Kanji \:D

Or I can't hear what they say because they are drunk, they speak harder English to me.

\:\(

Quote:
Originally posted by Indosnm:
Japanese co O11?
Indeed. I thought my coworkers would hate me for it, and in fact, some of them clearly did. But others said they wished they could pluck up the nerve to do it too, and in the end some of them did.

At a subsequent company, we were expected to do physical jerks at 10am and 3pm, but only a few people bothered. So they sent some middle managers round with armbands who shouted "Taiso shimasho! Genki yoku, taiso shimasho!" It was fun to smirk at them over the top of my PC screen. Having battled with the company to provide somewhere to hang my wet cycling gear so I could get to work in 'healthy and energy-saving mode' and been dubbed a troublemaker for my efforts, I wasn't then going to be joining anybody for physical jerks.
 Quote:
Originally posted by Wizz:
So you can't you ever get drunk yourself gamera? ;\)
Hum... no, I can't.
But it's okay because I am neither an alcoholic nor drunk hooligan :p . Can survive without alcohol. ;\)