• Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back when I was a JET it was about 4pm, or earlier when at my 'crap school' where anything goes. I often went home at 2pm from that school.

Nowadays Im in a japanese company where everyone does free overtime until 7ish, often much later when they actually have work to do, although there are some slackers who always leave at 5.45, maybe around 25% of staff. I stop work at 5.30 and study japanese or surf the net until 6ish for good appearances sake.

Quote:
Originally posted by big-will:
Start at 4?!

If I only did 3 or 4 hours (!), I'd choose 11am-3pm. Now that would be good.
Me too so I could spend more time with my kids, But surf, snow, gym and everything else is done within the 11-3pm timeslot.
Also when most of ya students are elementary kids it's hard to have that 11-3pm timeslot.
I realised I hardly work at all \:\)

The only time I'm not working is when I snowboard or posting on this forum or sleeping (about 4 hours per night.) One thing I learned early on in life though is that working for somebody else (unless it's charity) isn't very satisfying.

Work finishes at 3pm but usually have other stuff to take care of - but can leave whenever I feel like it \:D

...now if only I could get a Uni gig...

>I realised I hardly work at all \:\)

Sweet indo - thats why I wanna get into Uni. Owning your own juku sounds like too much work, or at least hard to get away from for extended periods.

Quote:
Originally posted by Creek Boy:

Sweet indo - thats why I wanna get into Uni. Owning your own juku sounds like too much work, or at least hard to get away from for extended periods.
Not really that much hard work CB.
I set my schedules too. Might not be able to take the full high school summer vacation off but I can take 4 weeks, maybe 5. and a long winter as well, with a few weeks thrown in around the year.

yeah but what time do you start is also a good question, its great to finish at 5 pm, the problem is the lack of daylight hours with Japan being located in the wrong time zone and the lack of daylight savings means its pretty much dark all year round in the evening.

Unless you are hard core like Toque and get up at 5 am you cant enjoy natural daylight much at all during the week.

I dont start until after one and have all my mornings free. In summer I took my son to the pool 3-4 days a week, take him on long bikes rides, go to park, small hikes etc.

I get the best half of the day as free time and work the other half. Suits me just fine.

I remember theres a pressure group set up to get daylight saving in Japan, but I couldnt find any website.

I think it was run by one of those high profile gaijin here who like to stir things up (cf. the tama-chan demonstration etc). Actually it might have been a one-man pressure group thinking about it \:\)

All depends on time of year, weather, day of week, and cold beer!! USed to have a regular working week job but now I could go from summer time when its 9-10am-4am next day, to anything in winter based on what`s happening that week. Currently considering taking a masters coarse here though which would change things a lot. Personally I like the random work days, getting into to much of a routine I think can be bad, also keeps you on your feet.