The SJ work week in review

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hang on, I just found some quality work submitted again by Souby. Nudy pics of his missus in a hot tub! Now that’s the kind of good hard work all forum members should aspire to. Soubs, your work ethic is an example to us all.

And Kuma (the sook) demonstrated his hard core geek qualities by talking about camera gear in a way intelligible to only one other, being ianbc who put up some fine pictures of life threatening action.

I liked the pictures too! Not bagging them.

Quote:
Originally posted by soubriquet:

I have some photos of me in the bath if you`d like to see them?

ummmm, ummmm, ummmm. I think you worked hard enough this week.
 Quote:
Originally posted by le spud:
SJ.com forums work week ended 15 September
Just as the cooling late summer trend seemed to have retraced a little to the warm side, Canada saved the day with reports of snow down to 2000m. But then their party was pissed on by a grim El Nino prediction.
Yah tell me about it
**** ElNino
I only listen to positive predictions
  • 2 weeks later...

he'll get there tonight once the end of his work week is fast approaching and he has (as always) nothing at all to do other than write amusing postings to keep us all entertained!

I'm looking forward to tonights offering spuddy! \:\)

Due to the black dog of depression at my side this week, I've got nothing very amusing to say. Lets see, the SJ.com Forums work week in review:

- Some people came to work and did little bits and pieces here and there.

- Dizzy returned from his Hakuba ridge journey with some good pictures.

- The Gaijin Chamber of Commerce convened to investigate Hakuba's development needs. A titty bar is the clear leader.

- JellyMyGuitarAmp started riding her bike and her leg is improving.

- Kumapix.

- MeJane continued to be awesomely matter-of-fact and practical. No fluff there, quite refreshing, although the baby thread is revolting.

- AK 77 started a SAC thread and no one has posted a picture of a scrotum. Why?

- Colleagues from Niseko. Where are they?

- Poor TJ made a first class **** out of himself for discussing his new thing in Hakuba. Matt bought one as well. Everyone is buying one. If I buy a house with 4 spare rooms I'll be letting winter crew stay with me for free. But that's 'cause I'm more hard up for mates than cash.

- It was mooted and then proven with picture and video that 99% of skiing in powder is slow and lame and desperately searching for some core sensation by bobbing up and down in powder like a clown on a dildo. Conversely, snowboarding on powder is usually fast, fluid and bloody awesome. This season more skiers are requested to start ripping long wide swooping lines in pow, rather than bobbing up and down for 5 turns in a row and then giggling about face shots. Lets see some individual expression + aggression = laid out rooster tails. Put the huge ptex surface area of those 98mm fats to proper use. Please, no more froggy arse-squat powder skiing. Start shredding. Both God and the Devil asked me to pass that on.

- I built a huge kicker with this thing and even managed to land a back flip. Then I made a gap-jump like the poop-gap in Hakuba, but in my gap-jump I drew a giant killer porcupine in the gap and then the guy jumped over the porcupine in the gap and it was fun a for a while then got boring so I made an even biggerer gap and an unfairly small jump and a put another mean porcupine in the really biggerest gap and the guy didn't make the gap and landed on the porcupine and died.

I'm going walking in the mountains in Switzerland for 4 days. Have a good weekend.

Quote:
Originally posted by le spud:
Due to the black dog of depression at my side this week, I've got nothing very amusing to say.
Sorry to read that. Some times you have to take one step at a time and keep the faith. Winter will come. Sorry I don't have any nice pictures to add to montoyas.

NPM, you have to either start a name calling match with spud, do something incredibly stupid, suggest something highly amusing,or sulk to get your name in spuds roundup. ;\) I see the sulk has started, so lookout next week for a name-mention!

Quote:
Due to the black dog of depression at my side this week, I've got nothing very amusing to say.
Yes you do, Spud:

Quote:
It was mooted and then proven with picture and video that 99% of skiing in powder is slow and lame and desperately searching for some core sensation by bobbing up and down in powder like a clown on a dildo. Conversely, snowboarding on powder is usually fast, fluid and bloody awesome. This season more skiers are requested to start ripping long wide swooping lines in pow, rather than bobbing up and down for 5 turns in a row and then giggling about face shots. Lets see some individual expression + aggression = laid out rooster tails. Put the huge ptex surface area of those 98mm fats to proper use. Please, no more froggy arse-squat powder skiing. Start shredding. Both God and the Devil asked me to pass that on.
Hope you found your mojo in the mountains.

i've just stumbled across this and had the giggles. reminds me of the "yellow snow" section in transworld when i used to read that rag. but we're getting it every week!

finally got the jellyfish reference, spud. thx for the praying and protection

i hope your bags of poo don't pop on your pretty trip to the paradise of the pristine mts. in popular switerland (in the mood to alliterate)

I don't mean to leave people out, I just blat down what ever jumps into my head over a few minutes without expending much thought or analysis time. But I'm happy to have found some funny bone in there. Last Friday was pretty dire.

Switzerland was great, even though it rained almost constantly. We 'climbed' some small peaks in Engelberg, checking out likely lines we will hike this winter, there's some good steep terrain there. One day we did a 1200m vertical hike and cooked lunch in a cave to get out of the rain. We also ate some awesome food in a town pub. I had local wild boar stew with really rich dark sauce, cooked chestnuts (marrons), a roasted apple, red currents, bright green sweet brussel sprouts, carrots and fried spätzle. It was the best food I have ever eaten in a mountain area. I also had pretty good and simple rösti. Someone should learn how to make it and start selling it in Hakuba. It is traditional alpine food that would go down well as an alternative to the boarding school style mess halls serving shit curry rice that you find in Japanese snow areas. It is cheap and easy to make, full of warm carb energy and has loads of Swiss mountain character, plus you can fill a menu with different types of rösti (just like different types of pizza). It would sell very well in a super-simple log cabin style of eating room with log stumps for seats.

SA - you bet, its good basic stuff. I'd take it over rice or mashed potatoes.

NPM - that was the detailed write up for this trip. But since all you want is more more more, heres some stuff that I am sure is really boring:

- the missus and the dog were there.

- because their Friday evening train was 1 hour delayed, we missed the 11.30pm car rental closing time by 10 minutes and so had to collect it early the next morning, meaning we had to do the drive on Saturday rather than on Friday night. That was a real bummer at the last moment. We lost a full day.

- due to rain and a public holiday weekend, it took us 8 hours to do the drive.

- a 1.9 litre Audi A3 TDI rental costs €50 per day and struggles to reach 210kph without a hill and a long run up.

- I was passing cars at 190kph and had to pull into the middle lane to let Ferraris etc go by and eye watering speeds.

- we didn't have any CD's and so we talked the whole way there and the whole way back. We sang the 'nihon demo ninjin' carrot song.

- the dog is more of a mountain goat than a dog. He is stupidly tough and climbed everything with us.

- We were a little out of the Engelberg town. The great thing about that area is the road goes nowhere. At the end of the valley road is the town, farms and mountains with glaciers.

The really big highlight:

We were super lucky and managed to catch a farmer bringing his cows back down from higher alpine pastures into the valley in preparation for winter stable. It is a big deal culturally in Switzerland's farming villages and denotes the changing of seasons. This is how it works: a few special cows lead the herd, they have their normal cow bells replaced with really big noisy bells strapped on with wide leather bands carrying the farmers name or mark. The farmer leads the walk into the town followed by the special lead cows who also have ornate crowns of flowers and flags etc on their heads and horns. Following the farmer and special lead cows are a few other cows thier normal small bells and then the farmers daughter and their big farm dog. Finally following them up is the remainder of the herd. This particular proud farmer had about 20 cows in procession down the main road of the little village. It is noisy and fun. Everyone comes out of their shops and houses to welcome the farmer and his cows back into the valley after a nice summer higher up.

We arrived just in time to see it and my camera was packed away, so no pictures. It is quintessentially Swiss. That night in the local bar there was a table of old sun weathered farmers with rolled up sleves, farmers caps, thick beards and stout tough bodies that had done more hard work than I would manage in 10 lifetimes. It was pissing down with rain outside, they were drinking beer and laughing a lot. It was a happy scene in the dark wooden pub.