Main thing? XBox 360's.... we usually have at least 3 people working fulltime on them.. reflowing solder and temporarily fixing problems caused by overheating and bad design...

Majority of PS3's that are traded in are fine. We only see the bad ones that need new BR lasers or whatever. For most of the other disc based consoles its lasers and with hand helds its the screens/faces looking like they've been dragged through gravel..

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wonder if they will keep them as they are now or do something with them. Hard to see Game suddenly becoming a success with the way they currently do things. Grim shops. The best bit I saw while I w

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: klingon
I bet you can't fix the red lights of death or whatever they call them on the 360's? wink

Actually, that's what reflowing the solder is for. They over heat, the board warps and the puny little solder they have on the graphics chip and cpu breaks... Even then, RROD is caused by a terrible design flaw, and reflowing the solder is only prelonging its life, rather than curing it. If they have been reflowed twice, then we scrap them.

Yep.

Like most things Micro$oft, it's poorly designed, and the components are sourced to be as cheap as possible.. the samsung drives (while I don't have anything against samsung) are prone to tray errors that should have been corrected after the original xbox. The design of the system lends itself to very poor flow characteristics, and with so many heat producing items, the heat sink and heat evacuation should have been designed first, not left until an afterthought..

Originally Posted By: kotaku

Forza Motorsport 3 isn't out until October, but eager racing fans can get an early taste later this month when the Forza 3 demo hits Xbox Live.

Forza 3 has gone gold, and to mark the occasion, Microsoft and Turn 10 have announced that a demo for the game will be hitting Xbox Live on September 24th, giving players over a month to familiarize themselves with the game in advance of the October 27th release date. The demo features five cars ready to race on the Camino Viejo track in the mountains of Spain.

The five cars playable in the demo are:

2007 Porsche #80 Flying Lizard 911 GT3-RSR
2010 Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro
2009 Ferrari California
2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR
2009 Mini John Cooper Works

All five can be driven in full cockpit view, with rollover, damage, and the game's new rewind feature firmly in place. The demo also supports online leaderboards, so you can start bragging a little bit earlier.

whoop getting excited by this - my last game for this year!