They keep producing and upgrading the PS2 primarily because the PS3 never took off like they thought it would on the Japanese domestic market. I see that legacy platform lingering on because of that.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wonder if they will keep them as they are now or do something with them. Hard to see Game suddenly becoming a success with the way they currently do things. Grim shops. The best bit I saw while I w

Other than not taking up as much real estate, they are supposedly quieter and consume less power. They will come with Bravia Sync connectivity, so if you have a Sony home theater receiver and Bravia LCD TV, when you power on your PS3 Slim, it will automatically switch your system over to PS3 control. The lower power consumption and smaller overall size may indicate the move to laptop size SATA HDD's - that's just a guess, since I've never taken mine apart to see what's inside now.

They've probably taken away more in this generation, including the ability to load and boot another OS like Linux.

Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
I read somewhere that it might be a while before we see "new" consoles, indeed even if we do at all in the current kind of setup with downloads and stuff.

thought they originally said they wanted it to be valid/on the market for 10 yrs?