• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wonder if they will keep them as they are now or do something with them. Hard to see Game suddenly becoming a success with the way they currently do things. Grim shops. The best bit I saw while I w

Got my hands on GT5 Prologue over new year - new for 1200 yen. Can't lose I thought. Sweet visuals, good game. The proper GT5 should be amazing when they actually get round to releasing the thing.

Actually it came out just over 12 months ago, in December 2007 in Japan and then spring of 2008 in Europe. It has since been updated to Spec III. Lets not add drama that isn't there. wink

Well that is debatable.

It plays like a "full game" to me. There's plenty of cars to race, though not that many courses.

But I am not complaining at playing the best racer I have ever played for 1200 yen.

It is better than any racer on 360, glorified demo or not.

How many "full games" do most people play to completion anyway? I would say likely a tiny %.

Originally Posted By: klingon

It is better than any racer on 360, glorified demo or not.

Spot the fan boy wink

And the 'game' was released as a short version/demo way back in 07 and its been updated with new stuff, like Fallout 3, Fable 2 etc.

If you read my posts you'll realise I have both a PS3 and 360 - not interested in fan boy console wars, just the games.

Quote:
And the 'game' was released as a short version/demo way back in 07 and its been updated with new stuff, like Fallout 3, Fable 2 etc.

Yes, a demo was released, but that demo was very different to the game that I have.

You can continue to believe incorrect/biased info if you want, I don't mind honest!

Its different because its been updated - according to the Sony site, IGN.com and wiki - surely they all can't be biased.

And if you read my post - I did put a wink after the fan boy comment.

I think you are misunderstanding what has been updated.

The very limited free demo - with one course and a few cars - was released.

Then they released Gran Turismo 5 Prologue in December 07 which was a retail game (the "glorified demo" you talk about but very different from the free demo). That was not simply an "update" of a demo.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue is the game that has been "updated", first to Spec II and then in October to Spec III.

Originally Posted By: RobBright
Pfft Forza 2 then for me wink

agreed. i'm on the sony side, but for me forza and forza 2, still get more play time than any GT game out yet. and rumours of forza 3 have me excited. agreed GT looks rediculously good, but you just cant beat the forza gameplay