• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wonder if they will keep them as they are now or do something with them. Hard to see Game suddenly becoming a success with the way they currently do things. Grim shops. The best bit I saw while I w

Home has been released on the PS3 (for anyone to download for free). I spent 30 minutes on it this afternoon and got to say it is a total and utter waste of 30 minutes. Given how this has been delayed so much it is just sooooo empty and boring. I know they are getting tons of stuff in there (one day) but right now it's a joke. (But not funny).

Originally Posted By: RobBright
No doubt about that - but its never taken longer than a week to get it sent out and returned and free of charge.

talkin about the xbox? mine is back under warranty at the moment for the third time. each time it has taken around 4 weeks to do a return trip.

first time the power button stopped working, second time the controller sync button stopped working, and this time i got the red rings (luckily warranty was extended to 3 years for red rings)

PS3 has never missed a beat for me.

Yeah quite a bit of games I have collected, but now that I have taken up Dj-ing and have had a few gigs and now got a gig to do up in Akakura for new years, so when I am not working I am practicing. besides the winter is ahead,

it was last powered on about a month ago to upgrade to the NXE dashboard and play around a bit but starting to realize that not into gaming much.

The issue with a percentage of the nex-gen consoles failure is partly due to the amount of power they use which creates heat. The 360 for example can get hot enough to cook an egg on it (I imagine the same for the Ps3).

I had a release date console that had solder points that broke on the ram chips. They are BGA (ball grid array( which means the chips sit ontop of the solder. The solder is sandwiched between the chips and the motherboard. I was able to revive that board by reflowing the solder with a heat gun to get the console working again. But if the console is not placed with the cooling being restricted, I.E. a closed small cabinet, It will last much longer.

The newest console which has the Jasper motherboard, has 65nm cpu and gpu instead of 90nm which is supposed to run cooler. Not sure if Japan has recieved the newer revisions yet though

Actually the PS3 doesn't get too hot and it is also remarkably quiet especially compared to the noisy 360. Failure rate of the PS3 is well below the frankly very poor rate of the 360. Apparently the 360 was basically rush released before they got it set up properly to deal with heat etc.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: RobBright
wow - thats slow familia - last time was in september - one week turn around as I phoned them up very angrily and also emailed as well wink

mate's ps3 dropped dead at the same time wink
ok so i got my xbox back and it took just under 2 weeks this time, better turn around, and it is once again working fine. hopefully it stays that way now!

Isn't your game machine breaking and having to pack it up and sent it of a bit of bovver? Sounds like more bovver than just playing it.

wink

I find it quite strange how MS are so generally hated (so it seems) but at the same time the Xbox has such loyal and unflinching support and people would accept sticks being shoved up their bottoms etc.

confused

Pack it up - nope no problem. Boxes get delivered to me, I get to chose the date when it gets sent/returned. Am loyal because out of the three right now, it has the games I want to play. Not necessarily the bst, but the ones I want to play.