Rob might not stop but some people will for sure.

---

Quote:
Call it another "hiccup" in Sony's bumpy road to getting the PlayStation Network back up and running, securely: The company has disabled PSN sign-in access on its PlayStation-related websites for "essential maintenance" purposes.

"Clarification: this maintenance doesn't affect PSN on consoles," tweeted PlayStation Blog EU this morning, "only the website you click through to from the password change email." A follow-up tweet added, "We'll let you know as soon as the landing page is back online."

Although Sony has yet to specify the reason for the maintenance outage, the action follows users' discovery of a potential exploit of the PSN password change function on Sony's websites. UK gaming news site Nyleveia was the first to sound the alarm when it warned, "A new hack is currently doing the rounds in dark corners of the internet that allows the attacker the ability to change your password using only your account's email and date of birth."

In actuality, it was not so much a "hack" as it was a critical oversight by Sony, which had not changed the PSN password reset method on its websites when it began to partially relaunch the service last weekend. Any website user, nefarious or not, needed only to provide a PSN account's associated email address and the account holder's date of birth to change the password -- information that was stolen by hackers during the PSN breach last month.

doh

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wonder if they will keep them as they are now or do something with them. Hard to see Game suddenly becoming a success with the way they currently do things. Grim shops. The best bit I saw while I w

Originally Posted By: Man_In_Japan
Just got to chapter 6 on portal 2 and my good god - this game is short but GREAT fun!

So it is.
I'm not into games that go on forever really. I hardly ever get to the end anyway.
Quote:
According to the French media site, Sony has informed its development partners that the NGP will include 256MB of RAM, down from the 512MB the company initially planned to include in the system. VRAM has been similarly halved, with video memory now expected to come in at 128MB. To make up for this reduction, Sony has reportedly scaled down the size of the NGP's operating system, as well as opened up an additional 26MB of RAM for data that requires quick access.

doh

More woe for Sony:

Sony getting its ass handed to it by hackers is becoming about as newsworthy as a netbook release, but this one is particularly brutal: Lulz Security just released a file containing over a million user logins. Home addresses included.

Personal information, including passwords, email addresses, home addresses, dates of birth, and all Sony opt-in data associated with their accounts. Among other things, we also compromised all admin details of Sony Pictures (including passwords) along with 75,000 "music codes" and 3.5 million "music coupons".

Just logged into my european account and it was up.

Got one game downloading now. I hope they let me download the 2nd right now as the first is downloading it is blocked off it seems.

We shall see.

What about my other accounts? Oh it's exciting isn't it.

OK downloaded the two.

It didn't let me at first.

I needed to go into Account Management and the Services page to open up the option to get the 2nd one.

Cheers Sony.