• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wonder if they will keep them as they are now or do something with them. Hard to see Game suddenly becoming a success with the way they currently do things. Grim shops. The best bit I saw while I w

psp go, im going to get one this weekend. its nice and tiny, but screen size is same as psp 3000. dsi screen is same size i think as psp, but it has two screens.

I got one on monday. PSP-go.

Before buying, I was pissed at sony because with psp-go you can only buy games from the sony website (psp network). This distribution scheme makes Sony a ton of money because:

a) no need to make boxes, game dics, paper manuals etc.

B) no need to ship said items to shops

c) no middleman (shops) taking a cut of profit

d) not possible for users to trade games (you cant buy secondhand games, and you cant sell your old games)

e) Piracy impossible (you have to connect your psp to your pc before you can download a game, and the firmware is inspected. currently there is no hack for psp-go).

With this in mind, you would expect the games to be cheaper through sony right? Wrong - they are more expensive!!!

So I thought - screw sony. But nintendo DS is the only alternative, and it is much lower spec (cant play video or mp3, lower resolution, poor graphics).

So I ended up just getting a PSP anyway. What I am hoping, is that in future the games will end up being cheaper thru sony as otherwise it just an outrageous scam. And in principle I love the 'on demand/cloud' style of distribution - everything is stored online or digital and we dont own any dvds/cd/game-dics/books etc. I got hikari-tv for the same reason.

All this aside, I love it. The psp-go is really tiny and theres a ton of good games on it (I got into the trippy platform games like Locomoco and LittleBigPlanet).

you can get a game from any server, but you need to make an account for each country (us/japan/euro). games in the us seem much cheaper.

PSP has two cool things i didnt realise before:

1) Game Sharing - if you are near a friend, you can download his game to your PSP and you can play vs battles. once he leaves, you cant play the game anymore, but it means you dont need to buy 2 copies of a game to play together.

2) Downloads can be used 5 times. If you buy a game on download, it can be put on 5 PSPs. I'm not sure how it works exactly in detail, but I put 3 games on my mates psp. However, he never uses downloads, so I dont know what will happen when he tries to download a game in future (ie. if it will see that his games came from another account and try to delete them).