Originally Posted By: Kraut_in_HongKong
 Originally Posted By: 66jzmstr
Don't get an English version.

Don't get a Japanese version.

I'm not sure specifically about HK, but I've read from many places that Wii's in China are region-free, meaning you can play Japanese games OR American games, without having to hack your Wii, which would of course void the warranty and also oftentimes make it incompatible with future online content upgrades.

I haven't checked China (yet). But I doubt what you write. Most consoles don't even get released in China because of the rampant copying. The Wii you will find in China will be mostly JP gray imports I guess. And they will be modchipt too.

It's a pity that Nintendo is so shortsighted and forces people to using cracked consoles. To have a block on games that are not from your region is silly. Now one will get a modchip Wii and can simply download all games from the web for free. Normally I don't bother spending $50 on a game, but I would knowing that can't run.

I haven't looked into to it in-depth (as I have little reason to, already owning a Wii), but it was reported by some reliable gaming news sources here. Yes, there was the China knock-off, the Vii, but they do have actual Wii's in China, and last I heard, they haven't been selling like hotcakes as they have everywhere else.
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wonder if they will keep them as they are now or do something with them. Hard to see Game suddenly becoming a success with the way they currently do things. Grim shops. The best bit I saw while I w

OK, I did my research, there is Vii in China. Probably made by Chintendo?

But it's joke, even not a funny one. There are videos on youtube. Vii has no CD drive. It's basically an empty box with a small PC board inside. Games are hard loaded on the PCB. So you can't run other games, and certainly not Wii games. So it's not copatible to Wii at all.

I saw the Vii for RMB599 on Taobao, that's about ¥9000 - and I think that is expensive for the crap you get.

You can do a google on "wii vs. vii" for a good laugh.

Yeah, the Youtube Vii videos are pretty funny.

A quick Google will show multiple articles about the Wii hitting China this year. I thought I heard about it already being released, but I haven't found any release date news yet. Same for South Korea.

Got an X360?

Go to Arcade now and download Rez HD. You will not regret it.

The original was excellent and a full HD version has been released today. Just 800 points (about 1000 yen) --- brilliant.

\:\)

"Shooting + music", difficult to explain and oh so much better than those 3 words.

The demo is free.

It takes less than a minute to download.

Just try it!

I think its region free, but JP games are often in Japanese only. You can buy the singapore releases though for english version.

I dont know if they DVD player in it is region free or not, havent tried it.

No, actually it is not totally region free.

The DVD player is like any other DVD player - not region free at all.

Have you tried Rex HD yet bobby?

on the xbox it depends on the publishers really - there is region locking in the architecture which companies like EA use, but other companies, such as Activision, Ubisoft, and some MS games choose not to lock their games.

It is superb. Why don't you just download it and try it (the demo is free). You can't get a feel for what it is from a website and when you can actually get a demo and experience it......

• 2 weeks later...

Devil May Cry is a whole lot of fun. Been spending some time with it the last few weeks. It's on both the xbox and ps3.