• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wonder if they will keep them as they are now or do something with them. Hard to see Game suddenly becoming a success with the way they currently do things. Grim shops. The best bit I saw while I w

Latest numbers from Japan. PS3 continues to slip.

Nintendo DS Lite - 172,359

Wii - 77,913

PSP - 29,459

PlayStation 2 - 11,398

PS3 - 11,000

Xbox 360 - 2,307

Game Boy Advance SP - 860

I bet the numbers will be big next week - there were stock in of the Wii and DS in a few shops over the weekend. First time I had actually seen the "we have stock" sign rather than the "sold out" one.

Quote:
Would like to get a wii but when you got a highvision TV it seems a waste to get a wii instead of an xbox360.

I dunno bobby it looks pretty decent I think. Maybe not as "photo realistic" as xbox and ps, but certainly not bad. Often the style of Nintendo games are more cartoony as well I suppose. Don't 'they' say the Wii is like an enhanced Gamecube?

There is 1 recharging thing out that I have seen happyhappy - not the same as the one in the US. I'm sure there will be more.

That one does look good - my friend has it. It gets old fairly quick though. Ninja Gaiden Sigma looks really good. Still not enough to want the machine though.

Quote:
Would like to get a wii but when you got a highvision TV it seems a waste to get a wii instead of an xbox360. If only they had made it higher spec then I'd buy one

Yeah bobby if you don't mind the actual general look/style of the games, it still looks pretty good on a good tv. I wouldn't let that put you off, esp. at the not too expensive price. I think you'll have a lot of fun.

Check the numbers for the last week:

- DS Lite: 255,971

- Wii: 102,522

- PSP: 33,860

- PS3: 12,791

- PS2: 12,584

- Xbox 360: 3,162

\:o

I have yet to play PS3 or Xbox360, but we picked up a Wii last week. (Very tough to do in the US, as they fly off the shelves within hours of the sporadic shipments that come in.)

Extremely fun. I'm in halfway decent shape, but I've got sore muscles through my arms, shoulders, back and chest from playing so much Wii Sports. The missus and I go doubles in tennis and work up a sweat. (It's a double bonus for me because she's always harping how I never want to play tennis with her, but I haven't heard those complaints since!)

We picked up SSX Blur, the snowboarding game for the Wii. It's a challenge, but it's well done and a lot of fun.

Originally Posted By: yamayamayama
That SSX Blur hasn't been released over here at all and isn't even on the release lineup. Curious that, I'd love to have a go.

Interesting. I thought it would be out by now.

Carving with the nunchuk is a really cool feeling. Very surfy, especially in the deep pow spots when you get a rooster tail going. The Ubertricks are difficult, and you need them to progress through the game. (Imagine drawing certain shapes with the Wiimote in mid-air to nail bigger tricks, like one-footers.) There are ways to practice though. If it comes out and you get it, let me know. It's lots of fun. thumbsup.gif

[i forgot: They have skiing in it too, so skiers don't even need to use a board at all if they don't want to!]
 Originally Posted By: thursday
do you get to jump over boarders who are sitting on their asses in the middle of the run?

Ha! I wish! They took out the NPC's though (non-playable characters), which I actually like because they did far more harm than good in the last SSX installment, the dreadful On Tour. (You can throw snowballs in Blur though, kinda fun.)

Here's a video that gives you a feel for the style of SSX Blur:

http://files.ea.com/downloads/sports_videos/ssxblur/SSX_SPIKE_BIGGER_V2.mov (right-click and Save As)

Those PS3 numbers must be real scary reading for Sony. Wii seems to sell as much as is shipped any given week just like with the DS.

I bought the Wii and got the PS3 as a present. Seriously, there's a drought of titles on both but the PS3 has hardly been switched on. The online stuff is almost nothing as well. There is just no reason to buy the thing right now - perhaps the fact that they sell 10,000+ a week is the surprise.