What do you have/ have you had?

I've had several dogs, a dozen or more cats, a hamster, a squirel and a rabbit.

Right now I'm living with one cat that was homeless in Shibuya and I have another that lives with the in-laws that I found in a cemetary stealing the offerings to the deceased. The squirel I had was b/c my cat at the time killed it's mother.

During my childhood we had several pets which were sadly short-lived: two guinea pigs, Suzy and Sal, who escaped and were killed by the dog next door; a budgie named Gus who flew into the sliding glass door and died; a labrador, Sooty, who we only had for six months because he destroyed everything in his path; and various sorts of tropical fish. The only surviving pet is our cranky persian, Mr Burns.

many guinea pigs (did you know that if you pull their little tails their eyes pop out? eek.gif ), many rabits, frogs, all types of lizards, a dog, a cat, hermit crabs, a budgie (incidentally nicole, ours flew into our toaster! lol.gif we had to pull the damn thing apart to free it, it went right into the slot! It then flew behind a book-case and got itself wedged between that and the wall, requiring a very delicate rescue mission to not squash it! It later died of pneumonia...) various fish, and mice which we bred and sold to the local pet shop.

Cats and birds? How did that work out? I forgot to mention a brief stint of having 2 parakeets (sp?). But both died of heart attacks from the cats scaring them. I also had a Rotweiler that relentlessly tortured them.

lol.gif

Yeah the cat used to sit looking at the bird cage with that horrible drool/shudder thing that cats do! But the cage was up quite high, so the birds could more or less ignore it. Also obviously had to make sure the cat was outside when we let the birds out for a fly. The cat also used to sleep on top of the mouse cage! lol.gif Poor little buggers must have been terrified!

Guinea pigs. That's bringing back a memory or two. We had 2 - one brown and the other black/brown/white. Funny little creatures they were, I used to love them so much.

lol.gif no, I didn't eat those ones! They ate each other! They had babies. 50+, which then had a huge battle to the death until there were 2 left... I'd come in at night to find a few less than in the morning, and a heap of yabbie claws piled up in the middle of the tank!

Since moving a couple of months ago have many new found pets.

Centipedes, wasps, hornets, snake(s), grasshoppers and a few lousy cockcroaches.

Trying to train them - to STAY OUTSIDE.

Not totally successful to date.

Less carrots more sticks.