Learning japanese with the help of a podcast!

They are free, so give them a go. I wouldn't bother wasting too much energy on learning kanji though. Just learn loads of vocab and the absolute basic grammatical methods. Japanese is a bit like Lego building blocks that you fit together. Get a few blocks and you can play around with them. I cant speak Japanese very well at all and most gaijins love disliking me for it, so don't take my advice for much.

A good vocab method is this seemingly gimmicky product. It actually works really well for Italian and German but I have never used in for Japanese. If you do buy it and it contains lots of katakana words (modified English words) then you have been ripped off. My girl and I very quickly learnt loads of Italian words using it. Some people think this memory method is very uncool and wont use it.

http://www.linkwordlanguages.com/japanese.htm

Well, sorry I don't have the time to download it and listen to let you know!

If I was going back though, I'd try them out....

Singing some songs of the language works! Because you are to sing the same phrase over and over. Don't worry about understanding the meanings there. You just need to used the sound and the way to connect other sounds. I am not sure how Norweigian sounds like but that's how I have improved my English pronounciation. I also tried to listen to English tapes when i was a student, but it was not fun. I prefered to speak with people, but in my school days, no native English speaking teachers available \:\(

Anyway, good luck!