Am looking at taking a trip up to Hokkaido around mid-late March and was just wondering if it is still worth going at this time. Am probably going to stay in Rusutsu. Any advice or info about this time would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

S.

was in niseko first week & a 1/2 of march 2002. the last few days there, it was defiantely heading into spring - sugary snow off-piste, slushy on the courses. still stacks of fun, uncrowded, awesome snow-depth, but not the powder fantasty land that you go to hokkiado for...

I was there for a week in mid march last year. Warm waxes a must as it gets pretty slow and slushy on the groomers as lpl said. Great if you want to hit up the park a lot. Having said that, we did get a rather freaky late season dump which saw us riding ankle to calf deep powder in the trees of Hana 3. Very stoked. I assume that is pretty rare though. No crowds as well so it's still fun.

i maintain that tha best day i`ve EVER had in terms of `pow pow`, was in hokkers in march! ( first or second week- can`t rememba )

we `poached` tha summit and scored waist-deep the entire way down. clap.gif

keeping that in mind, i`m also thinkin` about makin tha trip up there too.