La Festa gear sale in Ebisu, Tokyo this weekend

Just a word to the wise: the bi-annual (maybe tri-annual?) La Festa gear sale takes place this weekend at the Ebis 303 space in Ebisu, Shebooooyah!, Tokyo.

Friday Jan 23 10:00 - 22:00

Saturday Jan 24 10:00 - 20:00

Sunday Jan 25 10:00 - 19:00

Usually some good deals to be had. Get 'em while the gettings good.

The simple answer is no, I just like laughing at Engrish.

The complex answer is that I've not got my teles going yet, but the more I ride with skiers, the more I realize it's a great skill to have. Riding a board is nice'n'all and riding side-on may give you the best feeling, but there are places you can't go until the skiers have made a track for you to traverse out. Depending on the conditions, being on skis (or to an extent being on a board with considerate skier friends) can really open up the terrain. Since it's easier to walk in teles that alpine skis, that's the way I want to go in the long term.

Many thanks to Fattwins for doing all the track-breaking donkey work on our recent expeditions. Hopefully I'll return the favour someday.

And getting back to the thread, cheap is good! \:D

stoke: Here's a map from the site:

map.gif

Go out the East exit of the JR station (where the Beckers hamburger place is). Turn right out the exit and just follow that road through one traffic light. There is a Sunkus convenience store opposite the Ebis303 building. Head up to the 2nd floor for the sale. If you walk past a Subaru dealership, you've gone too far.

They also have surf gear for those who do the surf thing with waves in the ocean with the water.

I've never been refused entry and I've been there 3 times without a tickey.

The organizers mailed me a bunch of tickets this year though, so maybe I'll hide them somewhere in the Sunkus for you. I'll stick them in one of the hentai comics, so just check through those.

sunrise: yes, just print that out and fill in your name, age, telephone # and address in the spaces provided above the map.

You can probably get away with not filling in all of the info, but you might want to put in your address to get a mail notice for the next sale (in the summer, I think).

Slow, Sunrise,

I was wondering if you would be so kind as to give us your opinions of the sale when you get back on friday. If you could that would be FAB-ulous as I will have to race there on sat morning before heading to work and I would like to know if it is worth the effort. I am particularly interested in Salomon Definition, ERA or forcast boards (163cm or longer), Salomon boots and a good pair of mittens. Be a dear and post a message or give us a private and I'll love you both forever. OK, I'll stop being camp now. ;\)

Quote:
Many thanks to Fattwins for doing all the track-breaking donkey work on our recent expeditions. Hopefully I'll return the favour someday

No worries Ill trail break for a futon anyday of the week. Dude we found some serious stuff there last week and there was not as much walking as I thought there might be.

Still thinking about where to head this weekend im 50 50 cause after this weekend I cant see myself going to gifu very much this year.

Cheap is good boys hunt them deals down.

Dims, went to the sale this morning.

Looked extensively for the salamon stuff you wanted. They didn`t have any of the boards you mentioned (they did have some other models). There weren`t any real good mittens either.

These were the boots available (limited sizes);

F20 25,000

maori 21,700

synapse 27,000

malamute 33,000

just for reference they had Burton SL6 for 36,700

I did not need a ticket thingy either. Picked up a board bag, been after a new one for a while. Tempted by a Burton Seven (45,000) but just couldn`t justify it to myself.

Oh you are an absolute DAH-ling .stoke. Actually I was after size 27.5-28 boots, F20's or Malamute's sound good. Anyone tried or own these boots, and are you happy with them? Also, anyone know how these prices compare to Ochanomizu prices? Might still go tomorrow morn if I can be bothered.

Thanks for all your help everyone. wave.gif

Malamute's

I own last seasons. I spent all last saturday telling you how good they were, glad to see you listened, bitch.

Mine cost me about 40k from memory (when I bought them they were latest seasons boots, so that is top price, no discount).

Well actually you did crap on about your Salomon boots but at no time did you mention that they were Malamute's. Now you have so politely informed me thus I will consider making a purchase................little bitch! \:D

I just stopped in this place...

these kind of "fiestas" make me sick...its everything you hate about riding in japan crammed into 1 room....

dims, I didnt check boards that much, but I doubt they would have what you are looking for...seems to cater to the 3-times a year fashion-over-function crowd...

yuck...

danz