Went to Nagano andd skied happo, tsugaike, Nozawa and the backside of Norikura skijo.

Wow what a week the ARAC course was killer thanks Dave, lots of good info and good people too.

Everyday off I had it snowed 30cms at least at the tops here are a few pics.

Thanks to No Fakie and his wife for putting up with me and saving my ass at the fire festival. Also Nozawa was sick thanks for trusting me when jumping into those lines. Great days.

Chuck and Nate great times riding with you guys you guys made me push it to the max I will post your pics tonite gotta work now.

Kerry and Andrew what happened to you guys hope to catch up again

Last thanks for finding my avlanche backpack boy did I crap myself. blpic17337.jpg blpic17336.jpg blpic17335.jpg blpic17334.jpg blpic17333.jpg

The question is who needs to go to Hokkaido when the goods are only a 5 hour drive away

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I want to know is, how in the hell do you find the time to take the pictures? Everytime I bring my camera, I end up not taking pictures. Usually cause I'm having so much fun in the middle of a good powder run, and I'm too selfish to stop and take pics of someone else. And of course no one is around to take pics of me...

Toque I hope this helps tell me if I got it right.

First video links. http://www.newschoolers.com/PHP/Videos/LoadVideo.php4?vid_id=6298 http://www.newschoolers.com/PHP/Videos/LoadVideo.php4?vid_id=6297 blpic17352.jpg blpic17351.jpg blpic17350.jpg Ray I took 5 minutes of vids the whole trip I was not in the video mood but I needed proof.

The next updates will be off everyone else like I told you guys. This is just a quick rush job Ill get your stuff up sometime around midnight tonite.

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
Went to Nagano andd skied happo, tsugaike, Nozawa and the backside of Norikura skijo.

Wow what a week the ARAC course was killer thanks Dave, lots of good info and good people too.
Am also thinking of attending the Evergreen Avalanche course in Feb or March. Would be really interested in hearing about what you think were the more important things you learned there.

Did you have to purchase a beacon and snow-shoes beforehand, btw?

hmmm... nice vid - lookin fwd to seeing more clap.gif

must be early in the day to be getting such untracked goodness right below a lift!?!

nice conditions - gee, it even looks almost as good as the mega-pow i was scoring at hakkouda.... :p

Quote:
Originally posted by low pressure lover:

must be early in the day to be getting such untracked goodness right below a lift!?!
Nah! It was noon or maybe even later on Jan 15. That's the Challenger course at Nozawa. It's an official run served by a fast lift and only the very top part of the run is under the lift. That part was wind-blown and a bit sketchy, but the rest was pretty good. The wind was blowing up that course, so it was deeper elsewhere on the mountain.

Some of the other pics may not be from official runs \:D .

Toque...

taking frames from a video is a piece of cake....

recognize any of these???

userpic7784pic12400cdf12f11e5.jpg

userpic28549pic13400cdf1301dd5.jpg

userpic16470pic14400cdf1306be3.jpg

good stuff....

Fattwins...hokkaido is a special place...you would love it! I will be in hakuba the last weekend in jan...maybe somewhere in gifu this weekend with Toque and crazyski...where you at??

danz

Look at all that sasa though damm.

All pics were taken from 12:30 onwards.

Fattwins is still in debate either gifu or rip lines with NoFakie, chuckles and nate.

Crazyski sorry about the privates.

If it aint steep then I dont want to go prove to me that niseko is steeper than cortina.

NoFakie I have failed in my bid to get the pics and vids ready look on tomorrow about 11 I hope.

BC touring in the big bowls out the back.

Seriously Ou Im still thinking about what to do.

I mean look at the pics its so deep and the runs are super steep. We set off a couple of class ones in that nice chute at Tsugaike. You know the one you can do little or big drops in. We cut the top and the top layer went. We decided to let it run and not do anymore of those faces they are primed at the moment. Tatsu might get himself injuried in there now, they are setting up for a possible big one.

Yah Danz for getting those up.

I totally wan't ready for that drop. I thought it was just a straight line so I just went for it with speed (you can tell because the sasa is all bent over from the wind following me. lol.gif ) and then near the bottom saw the drop and got in the back seat saddly.

That one of Matt B on Cliff USA is pretty good as well. Almost makes me want to do the chant.

Fattwinns - Niseko is a fun mountain and if you stay at the right place will almost be a vacation from Japan. This year on our trip we didn't get the early season snow known for Hokkaido and had to ski Sasa. But with good friends present we had a lot of fun. I will be going back there next year for sure.

Toque come play in Nagano and I bet you might never feel the need to go back to Niseko no pow comp. and 500 to 1000 meters of 40degree plus lines always in your face. I dont want to ski mellow stuff I want a challenge. danz how does niseko compare to cortina in pitch?

Ou that step down is big finally threw my first 3 of the season dam thats late but my cliff drops are up to a good number.