one of my students said her husband said "do you want to cook me dinner every night for the rest of my life!" ...and she said yes!

I dont know whats worse!.

I did the deed myself on the wooden pagoda at sagaike in Nara, pretty standard offer if my memory serves me.

At the top of Morzine ski resort in Switzerland, overlooking Mount Blanc.

I was so nervous I think I just randomly blurted out 'shall we get married?' in Japanese, I dont think the missus was expecting it at all, though for me the whole trip was for that purpose. Looking back I should have waited till the end of the day, as we then spent the rest of the day skiing thinking - crap we are going to get married!

Lived together for almost 4 years before we got married. No-one really proposed. We just gradually started talking more and more about the future and it was kind of understood that we would be getting married at some point. We both started to think more and more about having children and then after figuring out that now would be a good time to try get to get pregnant (Tarzan's business-, my job & future plans- & my insurance-wise) we just went to the ward office and did it. I think we were married within about 4 weeks of deciding!

Right now my vote for winner goes out to bobby12.

My wife was a couple of years from turning 30 which apparently is the age a women's window of opportunity for getting married ends in J-thinking. So she told me "marry me or we're finished" about a year b/f her 30th. I proposed on the spot and we married 2 weeks before her 30th birthday.

We were on the island of Ko Lanta in Thailand, the last night of a fantastic holiday, staying at a magic little boutique resort. It was a beautiful sunset and we were lying on the sun lounges by ourselves between the pool and the secluded beach after enjoying a few pink ladies (the cocktails I mean, get your minds out of the gutter \:D )

After taking some time to build up the courage I rolled off the sun-lounge onto one knee and popped the question. My wife saw it coming as during my build-up I was coming out with some cheezy lines like "Gee it's a wonderful night hey!"

A big yes and a big kiss and smiles all round.

The best one I heard was friends of ours had recently had a baby. Hubby asks Mum to change the nappy, and when she does, just tucked inside was the ring! I thought that one sounded a bit risky, wouldn't want to leave it in there too long! shifty.gif

His arse Bobby12! \:D

No, just tucked under the top band of the nappy, or on the nappy pin if they were using cloth nappies, not sure.

As I said, a bit risky. Could have been a crappy proposal!!! lol.gif

I also had proposal number 2 which I rate to be the better of the 2, was staged but no one knew I had asked before so to all of them that were there it was the real one in their books..

my goodness... i haven't posted on here in agers!!

this topic got my walking down memory lane...

my other half took me for a walk to were we first kissed and got down on one knee...

we now have a little tyke on the way and the rest is history!

22 and 23 btw.

I was 27 when I got married. Marriage to the right partner is a very good life choice. You get to hang out with your best friend every day and go through life's up's and downs with somebody you enjoy being with more than anyone else. I don't have a friend in the world that could ever come close to the enjoyment I receive from being with my wife. This might sound sappy but it's true. \:\)

Quote:
Originally posted by Kintaro:
You get to hang out with your best friend every day and go through life's up's and downs with somebody you enjoy being with more than anyone else. I don't have a friend in the world that could ever come close to the enjoyment I receive from being with my wife. This might sound sappy but it's true. \:\)
Awesome. That is exactly my hope. Pretty much all I want. Good on you for knowing it and having it.

Similar situation to you Kintaro, otherwise I wouldn't have done it.

I was billed the one who would never get married by my family, they could never keep up with my girlfriends names as I changed more often than I did my undies!

There were a few shocked by the news (in a good way of course)

I know a guy who liked scuba diving with his then gf. He took her to an awesome coral reef where he had placed his ring inside a giant clam (obviously inside the shell of one, not a live one). He said the hardest part was getting her to try and look inside the thing without making it too obvious. She found it eventually.