A fake e-mail ; be careful everyone!

I just got an e-mail looked like from Paypal but wondered something strange because I have not used paypal for long and it asked me to verify my account by logging on a link in it which looked weird cos when i put an arrow moving my mouse, it showed some other site name at the bottom right of the browser.

I went to paypal official web site and tried to contact them immediately to ask if that was a fake e-mail or not. I forwarded the mail to a special e-mail address for reporting fake e-mails and got the answer it was not sent by paypal!!!!!! eek.gif

Be careful everyone, there are a lot weird things going on through internet. Do wonder if it looks any strange. cool.gif

p.s. I made a ring to paypal call center before forwarding the e-mail then some recorded instruction was going on asking me " say yes or no" etc but i really didnt understand what he said !!!, so the recorded message finally said "good-bye" to me!! it was like "Oh no, please don't go" LOL :p \:D

I had one supposedly from paypal which was made to look like a receipt for a watch I had never bought. In order to dispute the payment I was supposed to click on a link and then enter my paypal username and password - I don't think so. Anyway I called my visa card and paypal to put a stop on the payment which they did but no attempt was ever made to debit my account anyway.

Yup, that's definitely a scam Gamera. It's been around for quite a while and is called "phishing". Never click on an email link like that - the idea of the phisher is to steal your details. If you ever doubt an email from paypal or anywhere else, open a fresh page and type in paypal.com so you know you're getting to their real site.