"Princess Kiko, whose pregnancy could be the answer to Japan's imperial succession dilemma, has performed a ceremony to pray for a safe delivery.

The pregnancy is attracting enormous attention from the Japanese public, many of whom are hoping for a boy."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/5233928.stm

Surely they know?

So what are the signs - a boy or a girl?

Is it as big a deal as the BBC site says it is?

I wonder what "royal sex" is like.

Do people care?

Enough questions for now.

I'm going out for some beers.

According to one source, Royal bonking is controlled mainly by the imperial household agency, who are present throughout foreplay and leave after instructing the Prince to "insert here".

It is well planned in advance and only happens once in a ao-tsuki (青月)period.

There is no truth however to the rumor that the princesses must squeeze the prince's left nut if she wants a boy, or his right nut if she wants a girl.

• 4 weeks later...

Today's lunchtime TV had a slightly North Korean feel about it. Apparently, Japan is an island floating in space where a contented populace lives vicariously through the sex life of its Imperial Family.

Incidentally, it was slightly amusing watching all the representatives of the political parties being interviewed about the happy occasion. In line with his Beautiful Japan policy, Abe offered something poetic about clear autumn skies. Others "joined with all the people of Japan" in wishing happiness on the blissful prince. Shii of the Communists skated very close to saying "So another baby was born - who gives a shit?" The NHK hack kept prodding him to say something suitably gushing and congratulatory, but Shii held to his line about being normally pleased at the arrival of a healthy tot.

I shall be off to the shrine this afternoon to give thanks of course, followed by lashings of celebratory 'rice wine'.

What I want to know is - where on earth do these tv programmes get all the naff dasai background music from? It's like they must have done a search on google for "naffest background music" and chose the worse one possible.

While I can understand this being a happy thing for people to hear, I actually find it almost distasteful how "incredibly happy" everyone is because it's a boy - as if a boy is so much better/more valuable than a girl. Even the women in the interviews are saying that.

I realise the ancient royal family rules and everything but....

icon13.gif

i wonder who ignores it more; the royals or the ultra conservative nationalists that are dead set against a female heir and ready to infringe on the rights of anyone who publicly thinks otherwise?