Things you can't help laughing at

Some Australian domestic politics. Paul Keating was always a great wag, a bit like Norman Tebbit (the Chingford polecat) with a sense of humour.

"LOBBYISTS Brian Burke and his partner Julian Grill are the "Arthur Daley and Terry" of Western Australia and it isn't possible to visit Perth without running into them, says former Labor prime minister Paul Keating.

Mr Keating today spoke out in support of Opposition Leader Kevin Rudd, who is under pressure from the Government over three meetings he had with the convicted fraudster and former WA premier Mr Burke in 2005.

The Burke affair has also claimed a ministerial scalp, with Human Services Minister Ian Campbell resigning from his portfolio on Saturday after admitting he met Mr Burke last year.

Mr Keating also today referred to Treasurer Peter Costello as "all tip and no iceberg" and Prime Minister John Howard as a desiccated coconut."

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by soubriquet:
Mr Keating also today referred to Treasurer Peter Costello as "all tip and no iceberg" and Prime Minister John Howard as a desiccated coconut."
lol.gif
I love his comments!
I always said I'd leave the country if Howard got in.
  • 2 months later...

Our local news programs in the evening have really amateur reporters on from time to time. They usually do a "corner" where some company introduces their products or some promotion and they bring some big card that the camera focuses on and read the text from the back of the card with a negative amount of emotion. "Sugoi desu ne". Then at the end the two of them say something in unison.

It's just so totally crappy it's funny.

I can't recall one for Maldives. But the Malaysia one is truly annoying. Although I do now know that they have the mountains and the sea. Bet they don't have 4 seasons though.