Things you can't help laughing at

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of politician posters up near where I live at the moment. One in particular. This guy in a 3 piece suit doing a 'gatsu' post (you know, the clinched fist etc). And he is wearing white trainers.

3 piece suit + trainers = looks very silly.

• 2 weeks later...

This morning I put the tv on and there was a morning program on. It had just started. There were 12 - twelve! the main reporters + the talent and commentators - people lined up in front of their desks and all standing there looking very proper with their hands in front of them........ it just struck me as being really funny.

lol.gif Why do they need so many people. Is it to increase the frequency of so desu nes?

A woman in our office who claims she is on a diet makes me laugh. She comes in and eats cake for a morning snack, then a huge lunch and another cake in the afternoon. She's also often chomping on the snacks, senbe and other goodies that are usually in the office. She tells us that she is on a diet at least a few times a week, oftentimes while she has a mouthful of cake.

"There were 12 - twelve! the main reporters + the talent and commentators - people lined up in front of their desks and all standing there looking very proper with their hands in front of them"

Similar to that one.

Ads where more than a few people say the catchline all at the same time. Often accommpanied by a clenching of fist or some other naff looking action representing the gambaru spirit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The way they introduce/explain new television ads on morning tv in the entertainment news section. (Like they just did here). They were kind enough to show us this guy slurping 3 bowls of ramen and having to refilm. They didn't explain whether they overdubbed the noises or made them louder which I thought would have been interesting.

Kids with construction helmets riding bicycles.

Women on the street begging to give you a massage.

Gungaro style makeup (That's the really white faces with the tan looking eyes).

Japanese police chasing the bosozoku up and down the street but never catching them.

President Bush.

Quote:
Women on the street begging to give you a massage.
What streets are they then on then tesselator?

Ski resorts saying they have 150cm of snow when the bottom slopes are half brown and muddy makes me laugh. (Not if I went there to find that out though)

My friends and I when we were going from Hakuba to Nagano a few weeks back. We were on that road about 20km out of Hakuba and there were some small signposts on roadlights that said Hakuba 47 and showed a U-turn sign. Seemed a bit of a silly thing to have up there. Though I suppose some people might see the sign and suddenly remember they wanted to go to Hakuba 47 so U-turn to go back there lol.gif

Cheese and tuna sandwiches, though they have somehow become appealing in a strange way.

I was in the 7-11 today and bought a sandwich - it was lettuce, tomato and egg - and the guy behind the counter asked if I wanted it heating?! eek.gif Er, yeah right!