It is almost funny that Bush said this

Quote:
It should make people nervous when nontransparent regimes, that have announced that they've got nuclear warheads, fire missiles," Bush said. "This is not the way you conduct business in the world. This is not the way that peaceful nations conduct their affairs.
Who the fkn hell is he trying to kid?

(sorry, off topic)

Quote:
Originally posted by le spud:
It is almost funny that Bush said this

Quote:
It should make people nervous when nontransparent regimes, that have announced that they've got nuclear warheads, fire missiles," Bush said. "This is not the way you conduct business in the world. This is not the way that peaceful nations conduct their affairs.
Who the fkn hell is he trying to kid?
Himself, probably.

And the US is up in arms about Iran having too much oil and not giving it to America for free :rolleyes:

7 missiles hardly got the folks in Okinawa scrambling on the 4th. Maybe the hotdogs and Budweiser distracted 'em.

There was a program on TV last night which delt with N.Korea. Anybody else watch it? I only caught about 15 plus minutes and was trying to stay awake for the China/S.Korea reaction but couldnt. Would like to know what their responses were.

north korea has isolated itself so much it's just looking for a bit of well-timed attention (coinciding with july 4th in usa and the launch of the discovery space shuttle) - they know and have previously acknowleged that, should they actually launch a nuclear warhead for real, they would be annihilated by the huge nuclear capability of usa in return. apart from that it's obviously totally ridiculous that the usa can threaten iran etc. over their apparent weapon building, whilst they have a huge stock themselves. it's not ok for a country who has these weapons to double standard and act as though it's ok for them to have them, but not certain other nations. on the other hand, i wouldn't support the development and proliferation of nuclear weapons at all - so if iran is building them, an international effort to put a stop to that would be agreeable (using diplomatic means, involving international agencies of course - ie not bombing the crap out of them like was done in iraq) in the meantime, those countries committed to reducing weapon stockpiles, should continue to do so. the focus recently, is as usual unbalanced (interest in confrontation with oil rich nations) - what about india and pakistan's nuclear capabilities? that said, it's not entirely great to know that north korea are even testing these things and they are landing 300 miles off the coast of japan!

Quote:
Originally posted by echineko:
I can't understand North Korea, so strange thinking.
Japan was hardly a world friendly or rational nation 60 years ago itself. North Korea has as much right to attack something as Japan did back then and America does today. It is of course very very wrong for them to attack, but hey, everyone else has done it.

> What is the difference between a functioning democracy and an hereditory dictatorship?

When it comes to shooting fish in the sea?

Nothing. Obviously. Or is there a more 'sophisticated' way I should be looking at it?

Missles didn't seem to enter into anyone else's territory. Can see how this is such a big deal.

I'm sure the US, GB, China, Japan,..... do it all the time.

Also the coverage of the "long dong" seems to be viewed as a failure. However they did get the thing in the air for 40 secs, and know how much shi_t would hit the fan if it flew over another country. Who's to say they didn't pull the plug.

Maybe some bad economic news coming out of the US in the next few days eh?

>Who's to say they didn't pull the plug.

That makes much more sense to me and what I thought during the Japanese analysis of it. Saw some US coverage of it over the weekend and everybody seemed so happy saying that it "failed." Wonder where they got their "uncontridictory intelligence" from?

If they'd waited for a seperation then surely it would have flown further and caused more of a stink.

Not saying it wasn't a failure, but you do have to take a lot of the western media with a grain of salt.

You've got me there. Bit beyond my limited knowledge.

However it does seem a little strange that none of the missles flew far enough to cause concern to anyone but the Russians, who then effectivly block the UN from doing anything.

NorthKorea.gif

Yes, indeed a good article. Silence always annoys such bullies.

Kim Jongy Boy must surely have a small dick!

It's not Kim I'm worried about. He's not going to be firing missiles at anything but fish if he's got any sense (and I'm sure he has enough).

It's the Abes and the Boltons of this world that will be able to have an actual effect on me, and I don't trust them at all. The neocons in the Japanese government (that is, most of them) are talking about preemptive strikes on NK now. Soon they'll be talking about all the ugly options on their table (these things are contagious apparently - other countries are talking about all the nasty things on their tables too now. Where did they learn to do that?) I hope Japanese people wake up to the threat within before it's too late.

The Indian missiles should be the focus of much greater attention. Now there is a real potential threat.