• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by le spud:
Good luck and thanks for reminding me why I dot like sex.
I'm surprised no-one picked this up. A different topic perhaps....

But hearing things like this (friend in similar situation and known of a few others) have sure made me think twice about having a bit of 'available fun' in my past. Not that I don't not like, quite the opposite. Just to think that a few minutes has ended up with all this lot. Makes you think.

Get the test dude and I hope it is not yours.

has nothing to do with or with not having fun - to me its simple: Use a condom

Condoms can rip, come off, etc... but if you use them right then there really shouldnt be any problem. My guess is the original poster DIDNT use a condom. Am I wrong? If you did then.. eek.gif wakaranai.gif \:\(

Your situation sucks and I hope you get a good outcome. Thats a bummer.

Also, STDs are significantly on the rise here - if youre sleeping around I hope youre being smart about it. Bag it mates ;\)

I DID use a condom... I don't think it was not used properly and it did not break as far as I know.

Like I think I said, I don't usually sleep around at all - not that type, honestly.

I've asked to meet up with her on Thursday.

Wow! Used a condom and didn't notice anything strange... Mate I reckon you have more than enough grounds to demand that it be proved that it is yours before you even consider worrying about it all. If she refuses then I wouldn't worry myself over the matter any further.

>If she refuses then I wouldn't worry myself over the matter any further.

agreed! Demand a test proving beyond any doubt that its yours..and if it is then deal with it. If she doesnt, tell her to **** off, change your number etc...hopefully you didnt shag her at your place so she cant come around when youre with your real GF.

The fact that you used a condom and are fairly sure it didn't come off/break definitely changes things! Maybe a test is the way to go.

I still reckon you should let your girlfriend know what's going on. If it turns out it is your kid and she finds out you've been keeping it from her for even a week or two, it'll just make things worse. That's how I'd feel anyway.

I think I read that to fight decreasing birth rates my ku has implemented a policy to pick up the tab on ALL birth-related and subsequent hospital fees until the child graduates from elementary school. Maybe its just kita-ku, and its possible I misread the paper, but that would sure help explain why she might want (thinks she can afford) to keep the baby.

Ask her on thursday how she can afford to have/raise the baby.

You must be getting really stressed up about this dude, I'm sure I would. Also not sure what I'd do if I were in the same situation. I know that I'd find it hard to keep it from my girlfriend, even if I didn't tell he she'd sure know something was up.

Griller

This sounds like a situation that many "men of the world" could face.

Does the lady know for certain she's pregnant? Has she been for a proper test or just missed a period? Depending on the vibe, I suppose you could have her take a home test yourself. They are only 1,000 yen or so if you want to get one. 99% accurate, or so they claim. Made overseas, if you care about things like that.

This is what they look like

http://www.pure-supli.com/T-OTR-007.html

Once you establish she is pregnant, you can then move onto worrying about whether it's yours.

Thanks folks I appreciate the comments.

Even though I'm not sure it is mine at this stage, it is still very difficult to not think about all this and get stressed up. I'm doing my best not to though.

I'm meeting her on Thursday to talk about all this.

Will let you know what happens.

Hmmmm, the condom adds more to this. Will be interested to hear further.

Wiggles has a point - she might not even be pregnant. Then again she might be. But if the condom didn't come off or break this significantly lowers the chances that it has anything to do with you. Of course accidents still happen. Definitely it's so easy to get caught up with being freaked out even if the info supplied by her is incorrect.

Anyway, sounds like you'll be taking the SJ peep's advice.

Also, on telling the GF that you'd had an affair - you had, after all, broken up during that period, so even if she's upset, just remember she had no dibs on you at that point.

Markie - if I got pregnant at at time that I just knew I couldn't or wasn't ready to look after a kid the way I'd want to I'd much prefer to have an abortion. I don't feel it's fair on the kid.

Look at all those crack babies - an extreme example, but I'm real big on wanting to be there for the kids needs if one is to have a kid. Otherwise the kid will grow up to be *ucked up. In the crack babies example, can you imagine what kind of life a kid like that could expect ? Not being cared for properly, and possibly abused, by parents leads to very low self esteem, and begs for the kid to grow up an addict, since they already know the lifestyle, perhaps getting involved in crime, prostitution (if female), etc..... many wind up in institutions for the rest of their life, *ucked up emotionally cos the parent/s are found unfit to look after them. I feel it's just not fair on the kid to even get in that position in the first place.

All that being said, I know it's still a tough decision to make, and thankfully one I've never had to make myself.

Hope it works out for you Griller. Pretty unlikely story that she's pregnant to you considering you used condoms. Getting can be easy but it can also take time and good timing if you're trying to make happen too.

Not sure about the "tell your girlfriend" advice, may be best to wait and see, obviously you're the best judge of that.

Quote:
Originally posted by I'm Sexy:
It's difficult situation.

I can't imagine woman trying deceive some guy with like this thing. Some really do like that?
quite a lot sexy thumbsdown.gif

Thankfully never happened to me but to some of my more unfortunate mates it has. Many just lied to keep them as BFs and others lied about who was the real father. Quite sad.

Good luck, griller. Here's hoping first of all it isn't yours or better still she is just not pregnant.

Guys, lets not get carried away with the badmouthing ladies.

I don't think it is a case of getting carried away Veronica. Of course this doesn't apply to all women by any means, but I (we, by the sounds of things) have heard of more than enough cases of this kind of thing for this to be a fair enough concern. Some of them were "friend of a friend" stories, but I personally know two guys who had similar thibgs happen. One of which I described above. Just saying that there are women out there like that, and Griller should be wary of it. Anyway, he was meeting her tonight right? How did it go mate?

Quote:
Originally posted by veronica:
Good luck, griller. Here's hoping first of all it isn't yours or better still she is just not pregnant.

Guys, lets not get carried away with the badmouthing ladies.
V, it could be the other way around, right? It could be the fact that some girl on here is pregnant and the bloke isnt owning up to it or taking care of business and helping her out.... This isnt a lets bash women thread - just stating things that have happened to close mates of mine and things that 'some' Japanese women have done in the past. The tables could be reversed quite easily.

Sunrise, I totally see your point. I just feel uneasy about having to kill the poor thing who hasn't done anything wrong but is just being terminated because its parents are irresponsible.

Anyway, if you ever find yourself in such a position, I would be happy to raise your kid and let you get on with your life and make more CDs and smoke your crack etc. I will even try to teach him/her to play the piano.

I met her at lunch today. Here's what happened.

She insists that she is pregnant - and had that confirmed. Things were ok until I suggested that the baby may not be mine (I brought up the subject in the most diplomatic way possible, believe me!). She got mad and refused to take some kind of test and then stormed off. As it was in a public place and I want to be careful about things and not just explode, I let her go.

Just called her now and she has agreed to meet me again on Monday.

\:\(