The FOOTBALL Thread (2006-2007)

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FFS. Looks like now the The Suns Ronaldo rumours are abruptly cut off, it's over to the "Real want Jose" rumours straight away

Quote:
REAL MADRID have made a fresh bid for Jose Mourinho.
wakaranai.gif

Do you guys get to watch the FA Cup semis and final over in Japan?

Ronaldo with a new contract. Fantastic news! clap.gif

Yes we get the 2 semis and the final on SkyPerfect tv. Tonights game starts at 1:30am, so it will be a long day.

Good read that scouser thanks.

He was good again last night.

Rio and our defence is a big worry right now. I hope it isn't going to screw the season over.

Seen this

"MICHAEL OWEN has emerged as a sensational summer target for Sir Alex Ferguson.

The Manchester United manager wants to add a world-class striker to his squad and will monitor the Newcastle and England star's comeback from injury over the closing weeks of the season."

Possibly total bullshit, but can't see Newcastle being too chuffed if Owen left them now....

Can't see that happening for a whole load of reasons.

Our game last night was really boring, we really should have upped the game a bit and got the win there. \:\(

Can't see that happening for a whole load of reasons.

Our game last night was really boring, we really should have upped the game a bit and got the win there. \:\(

Here's an interesting piece of fluff from the Sun:

"CHELSEA will offer Jurgen Klinsmann £7million a year in a final effort to make him Stamford Bridge boss.

Klinsmann has rejected the chance to replace Jose Mourinho because he does not want to uproot from his home in America."

Got to wonder what is going on there and why they would want shut of The Jose.

It could just be lies because they have an agenda against Chelsea. I think this is commonplace with The Sun.

I remember years ago, Gillian Tailforth (?) from Eastenders had some story wrote about her in the sun. She sued them for it but lost, so the next day the Sun went ape-sxxt and devoted about 10 pages to attacking her. It was truly disgusting the stuff they wrote about her, it was like watching a rape or something. From what I gather, this is how the Sun gets it stories and stays ahead, it just scares people into giving them the story by saying 'if you dont co-operate, we write loads of lies about you anyway and you dont get paid'.

Anyway, slightly off-topic but my point is that everyone knows that the Sun writes crap, but also bear in mind that often they have an agenda behind it too.

Quote:
I believe it ain't too popular in Liverpool.
I think they did something like say that Hillsborough was the Liverpool fans fault, and the paper was widely boycotted in the area as a result. Apparantly even now many people wont buy it there. There was a TV documentary about it last year, the new editor of the Sun went up there to try to change public opinion but people wouldn't accept it.

Very interesting piece about Rooney and Everton getting a ton of cash if Utd start winning silverware.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2060526,00.html

Everton will benefit by £1.65m if Wayne Rooney and Manchester United end the season having secured a treble success in the Premiership, FA Cup and Champions League.

The England striker moved from Goodison Park to Old Trafford in the summer of 2004 for an initial fee of £20m but the terms of the deal include bonus payments of up to £7m. Some £23m has now been paid to the Merseyside club even though none of the clauses relating to the securing of honours has as yet been activated.

That could change in the next few weeks as United attempt to secure their first Premiership title since 2003 and meet Chelsea in the FA Cup final at Wembley next month. Those honours would earn Everton £500,000 and £150,000 respectively, with another £1m due should Sir Alex Ferguson's side edge beyond Milan in the Champions League semi-finals and go on to lift the trophy in Athens against either Liverpool or Chelsea on May 23. Should United lose in Greece, Everton would still benefit by £500,000.

The total could rise to £7m depending on events up until 2009.

4 good games on this weekend, I see the pie-eaters are coming to Anfield - should be fun \:\)

4/21 (土) 20:40 トッテナムvsアーセナル 307

4/21 (土) 22:55 リバプールvsウィガン 186

4/21 (土) 25:10 マンチェスターUvsミドルズブラ 185

4/22 (日) 21:25 ニューカッスルvsチェルシー 185