The FOOTBALL Thread (2006-2007)

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow now that was totally worth getting up for - what a totally incredible performance. \:D \:D \:D

Bring on those semi-finals

clap.gif

United were just excellent. Very impressive. They totally destroyed Roma.

Chelsea seem to be getting into the habit of getting really late winning goals. However deserved they are (in this case quite deserved so it seems), it's still annoying!

Yeah I was flicking but the chelsea game was in spanish so i watched man utd mainly.

Wow they really humiliated Roma, must have been satisfying for the club after what happened over there.

I watched the Chelsea game more in the last 25 mins. They were all over them, Valencia looked poor and it was clear there were gonna lose one way or the other. I'm not happy to face Chelsea in the semis, I think they are the one team that can beat us. But its good to see 3/4 teams in the semis are english.

Not only did they score 7, but most of them were crackers as well.

3 English teams in the last 4? That is not bad going. Now we must must must beat Chelsea and get to the final - Liverpool vs Manchester United... how amazing would that be? (presuming we win of course).

The problem with 3 English teams in the semis is that (for me) it makes defeat much harder to take.

But wow, Man Utd vs Liverpool, that is something that would talked about so much for decades. Don't think there has ever been an all english final before, and those 2 teams are as big as it could get from UK teams. The likes of Chelsea are just this decades Nottingham Forest.

I'd love to experience a big game like that, especially one that will go down as a famouse game. So jealous!

365 called it "a blistering, scarcely believable, assault on the Italians."

I'm going to watch it again tonight.

So they both go through most importantly Chelsea of course. It was looking likely but could always have turned into "one of those nights" when things just don't happen.

As much as I do not like ManYoo, got to say that was a on impressive game of football they played there. Just hope that it has indeed taken it out of them \:\)

Not quite as exciting as the games from yesterday, but the result is good.

It's going to be a fun build up to those games. We need a repeat of last time, or preferably something more convincing. \:\)

Manchester United vs AC Milan

Chelsea vs Liverpool

Can't wait.

Don't really want to play an English team in the final but there's really no choice there now!

I think I don't want Chelsea to win it more than I don't want Liverpool to win it (hmmmmm) and I suppose generally I would see Liverpool as the 'less tricky' opponent of the two (sorry guys!) so I suppose I'm hoping for a Liverpool final. Whichever, if United get to the final there is going to be some serious tension at that game!

Great news:

Quote:
Cristiano Ronaldo has signed a new five-year contract with Premiership leaders Manchester United.
 Quote:
A spectacularly good week for Manchester United fans got even better today when Cristiano Ronaldo signed a new five-year deal that should keep him at Old Trafford until 2012.
 Quote:
Cristiano Ronaldo today committed his long-term future to Manchester United and immediately set his sights on landing some silverware this season.
:D \:D

ManUtdRonaldo2DM_468x394.jpg

Take that Real and Barcelona. lol.gif