The FOOTBALL Thread (2006-2007)

I cant see Man Utd winning, but then again we have Barca on weds so no doubt players will be rested. Basically its terrible timing to play man utd right now, its almost like we have to sacrifice one of the games or risk losing both.

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both teams will really want to win, but I believe if one team does come away with the 3, it will be United.

\:\)

That was quite comical. And somehow quite predictable once they got that dodgy free kick. I hate Chelsea much more than man utd so it didnt sting too bad, and the premiership was already over for us anyway.

We gonna 'win it 6 times' this year anyway so who cares.

You mean the Champions League. That would make you scousers should out loud wouldn't it now?

CL will be interesting if all the English teams can continue to march on to near the end. Big match tomorrow, it's on telly so I'll be giving it a look in.

People who think it is over are fools. There are 9 games to go. One is Chelsea vs United. United are 6 points ahead (if we win our game in hand) and have a better goal differnce. They can certainly screw up. It is theirs to lose, but they might be in for a rough ride if they get complacent. and their form has not been that good the last few games, even if they got the results. So it's not over yet.

They got the champions luck though, and chelsea sure haven't had any of that this season. If chelsea manage to win it I will leave the country (ah damn, already did that).

I have to say that it's a good thing for O'Shea he's good at football, otherwise he'd probably be out nicking cars or something.

Liverpool - how I love them, but how frustrating it is to be one of their supporters. Had we made the kind of start to the season our talent is capable of, we'd be there in second instead of Chelski

Quote:
I have to say that it's a good thing for O'Shea he's good at football, otherwise he'd probably be out nicking cars or something.
confused.gif
Why? (He's Irish isn't he, not Scouse? ;\) )

Boring game. I hope this Liverpool vs Barcelona is a good one. It has a lot of potential.

Surely you love football (or "soccerball" as a colleague calls it) just for the love of the game and fairplay, not just so that the team you support wins. I do.

O'Shea isn't particularly popular with United supporters generally I don't think. Well, I'm sure he is right now but not generally. But he was good when he went was the goalie in a game for 10 minutes a while ago, that was funny. lol.gif

Nah.

OK I've just about recovered from the nastiness of Saturday and it's another big (bigger) game tonight. Clean sheet please. Excitement will do, as long as it means the bulging of the back of the Barce net.

Well glad that is over. clap.gif We played with determination - just wish we could actually SCORE a bit more ;\) But the leg win was what mattered.

What's up with Barcelona then? First half they really were shite. Not that I minded of course.

Barcelona were really disappointing. They played like they didn't care for most of the game.

2 English teams through and at least one tomorrow ;\) It will be interesting to see the draw for the next round especially if all 4 get through. A few games to get through before that though.